Monday 30 January 2012

Clownfish Punch Art...


...or maybe you know them as Anenomefish, or to some they may be more familiar as Nemo! We saw heaps of these little fellas on the Great Barrier Reef. Lots of different types too...some bright orange, some dark, some with black, some without, some with two stripes, some with one. They all had one thing in common though...they move really quickly, and are very hard to get a nice clear picture of!

We tried, oh how we tried! We have numerous shots of bits of them, and many, many more shots where they are just a blurry blob. I should have just bought a postcard and scanned it in, it would have served me better! Anyway, here are a few pics where the fish is at least semi-recognisable (even if you can only see part of them!)...





...and here is my first attempt to recreate them using punch art. At least now he is much easier to photograph!!



...all done with SU punches. I had a ball making this one. I think you may see more of him in the future. If you have any questions, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you asap.


Got plenty of great anenome shots if nothing else ;-)!

Hope you had a lovely weekend,

6 comments:

Michelle A said...

OH my gosh! Soooo absolutely adorable. Very very clever!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love your punch art .. so very creative.

Helen said...

What a surprise when I started looking at your pics..Great! Stampin' Up punches--which ones?

Anonymous said...

I also am a big fan of diving. I would love to dive where you are, WOW. Those pics. are wonderful and your punch clown fish is adorable. I would love to have a tutorial on how to make him. Happy diving.

Randy

Vicki H said...

loving your great reef style punch art! Never seen anything like it before! really inspiring!

Diane Barnes said...

I bow to you punch art genius! He's fantastic (& I still can't figure out the fin punch!)..& you're a bit of an underwater photography whizz too. Such a talented girl. Hugs. D