Wednesday 9 December 2009

More Christmas Punch Art Tinkering...


We needed some special cards for our Preschool teachers here...so I thought I'd go back to the trusty punch art guys, Santa and Rudolph. I've altered them both a little...again.



I recently saw another fabulous Santa punch art creation on Cheryl's blog, and loved his blue eyes...so I've used them on mine too. Thanks for the inspiration Cheryl. I've added gold rimmed spectacles (using the 1 3/8 and 1 1/4 inch circle punches), and added chunky glitter to his hat pom pom (stuck down with crystal effects), which really makes it pop off the card...I likey lots! Oh, I cuttlebugged his hat this time too...so its a very texture-ful card!

And Rudolph, he had some cosmetic nose surgery...this time his nose is made with red micro beads (WARNING: Those little suckers seem to be instantly repelled from their container, as soon as you open the lid...they roll everywhere)! I've also used some of the new Summer Mini Real Red spotted ribbon for his bow (in case you couldn't see that for yourself! ;-):



I've gussied up the insides of the cards, and made a little pocket on the left hand flap, to hold the Christmas gift:


Gotta run now, and cut up a platter of fruit for the Preschool end-of-year celebration.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Sam.

7 comments:

susy said...

Way too cute...

Karen said...

OMG SAM!!!!! That Santa is the CUTEST darn thing I ever did see!!! Do you need my address again???? ROFLOL

Hope your havin a good day chicki! lol

Luv K
x

Caroline said...

They are really gorgeous Sam!! You are just toooo clever!! I'm off to CASE Santa now!

pf said...

They are just too darn cute! Couldn't help myself with the use of 'darn' because they are...I think I might have to try this for my eldest's teacher.

Paula

Anonymous said...

WOW Sam I love these!! I am definately going to have to have a go!!! they are gorgeous!!

I swear I had you in my google reader but Hmm mm, not there!! Added now so I will definitely be back!!!

Thanks for checking out my Gift-cards, I have been MojoLess lately, so they are a bit basic, but I am sure the recipients will appreciate them (or the contents anyway!!)

Merry Christmas

Caroline :-)

Cheryl said...

WOW Sam these are brilliant,you are so very clever and I love the changes to Santa!!!
xx

Tracey said...

OMG, I love your cards, they're great!! I think I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing!