Tuesday 25 August 2009

My Stepper Box


...and no, I'm not talking about aerobics! As I mentioned in my last post, these cute little boxes are called Stepper Boxes, or Fantasy Boxes. I used the instructions by Terri, found here, and my friend Kim also gave me a link to the instructions she used, here.

So here is my first attempt:






List of Ingredients (all from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze
Stamps: Merry Merry
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Accessories: Ski Slope DSP, Valet Ribbon Originals, On Board Lots of Letters, On Board Essentials, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots, Anywhere Glue Stick, SNAIL, 1 inch Circle Punch and 1-1/4 inch circle punch.


I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Kim also said she had increased the size of the piece of cardstock used for the lid, from the listed 6 3/4 inches square, to 7 1/4 inches square. I made mine 7 1/4 inches square, and it fits perfectly.


A sample of the Ski Slope DSP...available from the current Spring Mini: Aug - Nov 2009.

I was outside this afternoon, and it looked so pretty out there, so I quickly got a few snaps. I thought I'd show them to you now, because after the gale force winds the ACT is expecting around midnight tonight...there will probably be no pretty blossoms left on my trees :-(. I love my backyard so much.


ETA: The grass is faux....we are not wasting tonnes of H2O here...just in case you were worried ;-). It is fabulous stuff...really soft and lovely to lie on.

Accccckkkkk, NCIS has started...I have to run. Sorry...
Thanks for stopping by!
Sam.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Priorties Sam...Priorties! NCIS...You can't miss that! BTW, I love your back yard too...And if you get the gale force winds that went through here you will be very glad you took this photo! The Stepper box...Well that's just absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful work sweetie! Xx

Carol Dunstan said...

oooh, your box is gorgeous! As is your pretty blossoms - glad you got a pic before the wind took to them (been horrifically windy here too, darned AuGUST winds!)

KimB said...

HI Sam,

its absolutely gorgeous, I love the chipboard flowers on the top! Makes me glad I've just bought Ski Slope paper too!!

Talk soon

Kim

Mandy Schiller said...

Love the box Sam, its beautiful and so is your backyard. I love that grass I carn't believe that its faux....Does it take much maintenace as in keeping clean?

Mandyxx

kareN stampZ said...

looks stunning I'm doing Holiday Treasures ones next week for class hope they look half as good & I'll increase my lid (TFS) as they are tight

Diane Barnes said...

Fab fab fab...I like it... a lot!
Love the chipboard & ribbon touches especially. Love Kim's version too. OK, loving it all!!!
Di :0)

Kate Lewis said...

OOH - I have to try this box!! Seriously, how cool is it?!! What a gorgeous picture of your garden - the blossom is beautiful..I love spring, shame we're heading into autumn here in England :( Hugs! Kate x

Debbie Pamment said...

This is stunning - some of my favourite DP in the hands of one of my favorite crafters - a recipe for success!!! This little box has been on my wish list for months - am inspired to get around to it now!!!
Gorgeous work Sam!
xXx

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

What a great box! You did a wonderful job!

Kathy

www.sassystamper.blogspot.com

Pay It forward Giveaway: http://sassystamper.blogspot.com/2009/08/pix-attchdpay-it-forward-givewaway.html

Unknown said...

beautiful box