Friday 11 July 2014

CASE-ing the Catty Challenges


Woah there! You are NOT dreaming...I've made a card...AND I'm posting it here! The sky is falling, the sky is falling...run little chicken, RUN!! It has been SO long since I last posted that I can't remember how anything in here works (it has taken me about two hours to get the photos sorted...UGH)...but that is all kinda irrelevant because it is unlikely that anyone even checks this poor old blog anymore...so I figure I'll have some time to work it all out again, by myself :-).

I guess I'd better tell you WHY I got all motivated to post! I have found a fun new challenge blog, and given that I've been pretty much without crafting mojo for, oh let's see.....a year, this particular challenge blog seemed appropriate to me....
Cool hey?! Check the blog out here. I thought that I could make the image above link direct to the blog...but that seems to be information that my brain-drive deleted some time in the last 12 months... The challenges have not technically started, but no harm in getting warmed up and ready hey? besides, I had to find the floor of the craft room, do a bit of cleaning up and sorting of stuff, work out which of my ink and card stock colours were no longer current (OMG what a SHAMBLES) etc. etc. before I could start playing.

Anyoo...I've made tentative steps in the right direct and have managed to create a small offering that I'm not too ashamed of. This card has been inspired by the one on page 128 of the 2014-2015 Inspire Create Share Catty. BEHOLD....

WOOOOHOOOOOOO.....cooking with GAS here!!.....Even managed to upload the pics without frying a circuit. Happy days! Now, if I can just work out what I used to make it...

Project Recipe:

Cardstock:
Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock (121685)
Hello Honey A4 Cardstock (133685)
Blackberry Bliss A4 Cardstock (133682)
Tangelo Twist A4 Cardstock (133684)
Whisper White A4 Cardstock (106549)

Ink:
Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad (126976)
Tangelo Twist Classic Stampin' Pad (133646)
Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad (133644)

Stamps:
Hip Hip Hooray (133620)
Amazing Birthday (134228)

Punches:
Chevron Border (132154)
1-3/8" Circle (119860)
1-1/4" Circle (119861)

Accessories:
Decorative Dots Textured Impressions (133520)
Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

I think that about covers it. If you've found this post by accident, and got this far...THANKS for sticking with me. Who knows, I might post something else before another 12 months passes!! Have a lovely day :-).


5 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The fact that you are back blogging and have an awesome card to share has made the reason for starting a new challenge blog very worthwhile. Thanks for sharing in the lead up to the launch. X

Sam said...

Thanks Bronwyn! I had so much fun. I'm rusty for sure, but that's the beauty of the CASE-ing challenge...an excellent starting-off point for anyone :-).

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hey Sam, GREAT to see you blogging again. I thought that maybe you were doing lots of training for your marathons and had no time for cards. It is soooo hard to get back into cardmaking when you have been away - and it can be really frustrating in my experience because you have forgotten where things are and things don't necessarily flow. Just takes time to get the creative brain working.

But don't stop because your card is GORGEOUS! Great colours and layout - love it and would be perfect for a guy.

Jocelyn x

KimB said...

Ha Sam you know I'd never delete you!! I had to look twice though when I saw you had a post up. You nailed bright, fun and colourful with this one, I like the word arty background in particular. xxx

ColourmehappyDi said...

How did I miss this momentous day ;-) If this is you rusty, I really want to be rusty too. Love your fun card & off to check out the challenge too.
Hugs, D