Sunday 24 March 2013

For all the Lego fans!


 I think we are a bit like many other households with young boys, lotsa Lego love here! I am continuously tripping over the stuff too, and getting little ouchy bits stuck on the bottom of my feet has me thinking about Lego lots, which has resulted in the following card...
The Lego pieces are far more convoluted these days. They are not designed simply to build a house or car, but rather are transformable into Pre Visla's Mandalorian Fighter or a Sith Fury-class Interceptor. You know, important stuff like that! But I am sure that any true Lego fanatic will recognise the rudimentary bits on my card regardless, and know it for what it is. This particular card is for my brother, one of the main suppliers of Lego in this house...so I thought it only fair that I return some of the Lego love ;-). Hope he likes it!

Project Recipe:

Cardstock: Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Yoyo Yellow plain and textured cardstock (SU - some retired),
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Brilliant Blue and Yoyo Yellow Classic Ink (SU - some retired),
Stamps: Birthday Wish (SU - Retired),
Punches: Owl Builder (SU),
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder (SU), Paper Piercer, Dimensionals (SU) and SNAIL Adhesive (SU).

It is fitting that I have used the owl builder punch (to make the Lego circles) as I have a little owl-themed pic to pop in here. Some of the amazing local residents, trying to go incognito...
Tawny Frogmouth Owls



Blogged to: The Paradise - Episode 8 - ABC 1.

7 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the jumbled lego on the card and the cute pic of your tawny frog mouth owls!

Sandy said...

What a fantastic photo of the owls.. Love the Lego card..
Sandy :)

Unknown said...

Looks great Sam, love lego cards, so nice and bright

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Oh my gosh, this is a FANTASTIC card Sam! You are not the only with leggo scattered around - my DD loves it too - and DH just loves buying second-hand leggo on EBay. I am sure that it breeds when I am not looking LOL!

Awesome photo of the Tawny Frogmouths - we have them here too. I had to look hard to see them - they blend in so well with the branch. Even DH couldn't figure it out till I pointed out where the birds were.

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn X

TLady said...

Your card is FANTASTIC Sam! :) AND look at those OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! :) TOOO SWEET!!!!!! :)

Zippy said...

Fantastic card, the lego is wonderful! Just love those birds! xx

Crafty Lady said...

I always have problems coming up with birthday cards for little boys... this one is so obvious that it is brilliant! Thanks!