Friday 13 January 2012

A Card Cuddle and Goodbye...


I have a 'Thinking of You' card to pop up here today. I made it recently for a special friend, one who I thought could use a little card cuddle!
I have used the reverse applique technique again here. I do love how it looks. The rest was very straightforward...and done in one of my favourite colour combos, light blue, purple and white (aka Baja Breeze, Vintage Violet and Whisper White [methinks]). Apparently this combo is also a hit with one of my favourite little crafting companions...who made a little card for her distance education teacher too!
Today was also a bit of a milestone for all of us...our last day on Lucey Blue (for now ;-). Thanks for taking care of us LB, you did a great job!


So, my next post will be written up on terra firma...a fact which is both exciting and sad to me at the same time. At least I will have all my crafting goodies (and my desk) back at my disposal!!

Have a great weekend,

4 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow Sam where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday you all took off on the high seas and now you're heading home again. What an education for you all though hey, fantastic!

Love both cards, clever little Miss - taking after her mum I think.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a beautiful die cut on that gorgeous card of yours. Your little side kick did a fantastic job too. Welcome back to terra firma. What an adventure you have had.

Diane Barnes said...

Oh oh oh, that's my beautiful card!...& it looks even prettier IRL. Thanks so much again for making it for me, gorgeous friend.
I hope you're not too sad leaving LB for now. It will probably feel a bit strange being on solid ground for a while but good I hope. Lots of hugs. D
PS: I'm so jealous of your crochet skills

Catherine said...

Ohhh gosh, what a huge milestone for you all!! I am guessing it is going to take some time adjusting to life minus the sea legs. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and I wish you all the very best at settling back into home life.

ps, both your cards are gorgeous!!