Saturday 30 May 2009

These cards got the thumbs down...


...from Hubby. He thought they were too busy and he wasn't overly fond of the colours (yes, I did ask for his opinion) and he could be right, but I'm going to blog them anyway, because I can ;-).










The colours I have used for these cards are: Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, So Saffron and Whisper White. The Designer Series paper is from the Washington Apple pack and the stamps are from Stampin' Up!'s Nursery Necessities and Party Hearty stamp sets. I have also used the new eyelet border punch and the Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon.

Also, I wanted to say a big thank you for all the lovely comments about the cards in my last post...the Inspired by Nature Emerging Colour/Emboss Resist cards. I made up another card using the same theme/colours, because I had extra stuff cut out and lying around (left overs from the workshop). I have not used any embossing on this one, instead, I have just stamped the daisies in Close to Cocoa ink, directly onto the En Francais background, which is in Riding Hood Red:


It is windy and cold here in Canberra today, so over lunch my mind started wandering...I was thinking of places I'd like to visit today. So, if you had a magic carpet that could take you absolutely anywhere (I'm talking about the magic carpets that can go into outer space, and do time travel too)...where would you go today? I would revisit the Mont St. Michel, and I'd take the kids too, I think they'd enjoy it:

Mont St. Michel, Manche, Normandy, France by Doug Pearson
Mont St. Michel, France


Hope you are well.
Have a lovely weekend,
Sam.

14 comments:

Leigh said...

I like them Sam.

Robin. said...

me too :O)

Bec said...

WOW Sam.. These are some stunning cards... I love them all... Bec xx

Karen said...

Hey Sam! I dont think their too busy at all......in fact I reckon their FUNKY!!!!!!!!!
So glad you posted them too!

Karen

Diane Barnes said...

what do hubby's know anyway Sam?
I think they look bright & fun - What did you do with the boat on the 3rd one? - glitter?
The inspired by nature one is tres elegant too. Inky wishes, Di
PS: I think we'll have to add Mont St Michel to our Florence trip ;0)

Zarna said...

Just as well you're the cardmaker in the family and not your DH!
Those "busy" cards were cute! and as for the colour combo who can go wrong when you stick to the DSP combos?
If I could flying carpet to anywhere I'd go somewhere warm and tropical if I left right now, but if you asked me normally I'd say Tsarist russia, with all that beautiful architecture etc... I'd still love to go there one day but would have loved to see it in all it's glory before the poverty of communism and post communism

Kristie said...

I like your cards! And I agree that you can't go wrong when you stick to the dsp colours! I really love that one with the daisies and en francais bg....just awesome!
Now you've got me wishing for a magic carpet to take me away to somewhere sunny, warm and no wind!!! LOL!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

I think they are perfect - as Karen said they are a little bit funky! Great work!
xXx

SharonD said...

Hey Sam. I think you have done great work with the cards that the hubby doesn't like. Always great to stop by here and see what you have been doing. Susan Boyle is awesome. I am loving the posters too. As for the magic carpet ride, right now I would go somewhere, anywhere that colds and flu's didn't exist...so over this cold. But when I am in a better frame of mind, top of my list is Rome and the Cinque Terre in Italy, closely followed by Serville, Spain...although if that carpet could go via a couple of scrapbooking stores in the US on the way home, I wouldn't be complaining....hmmm...better get back to the real world and the groceries.
Take care
Sharon

Oma said...

I like them too!

Tracy said...

what is it with men and simple cards? lol....my hubby is the same and yes I also ask for his opinion! Love the cards. They are lovely and bright for a dreary day. Oh and Venice would be nice ;)

Kate Lewis said...

Well I really like your cards Sam, no matter what your DH says lol!! I especially love the last 2, and wowzers the last one using the En Francais b/g is STUNNING!!!

Where would I be today? Wow that;s hard one!! To be honest I'm really happy where I am today - we've been having a mini heat wave here in the UK the past few days which has been heavenly, but if I had to choose probably Italy!

Kate x

Liam said...

I love these colours that you chose I think the cards look gorgeous.

liam

Andrea said...

No, he's wrong! All these cards are gorgeous!! My DH will often give the same comment :) it's good to know they are all similar.