Monday 18 May 2009

Beautiful cards by Kim...


I just wanted to show you these lovely cards that we recently received from my friend Kim:


You can read about the ingredients for this FANTASTIC birthday card on Kim's blog here. Is this not a stunning card???



This one has not made it on to Kim's website yet, but when it does, I'll link it here so you can see what she has used. Unfortunately my photo has not picked up the beautiful Dazzling Diamonds bling effect on the Eastern Blooms. It looks amazing in real life! You also may not be able to tell that it is a slider card, with the flower mounted 5 rolling back and forth when you tip the card. So much work has gone into this card.

...and last, but not least...


This one is probably my favourite, and that may be in part because it was for me (the others being for the kids' birthdays), but I also love the flowers, which have Dazzling Diamonds on the Pumpkin Pie areas of their petals. I'm a sucker for glittery cards ;-).

The colour combo is such that those flowers pretty much jump off the card, and the total combination of effects is just perfect. You can see this card on Kim's site, here .

Thanks so much for our lovely cards Kim. We all feel very special, and I have them on display on our sideboard, so we can enjoy them.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Sam.

PS. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my Mermaid birthday cake and the Mermaid party invites. Yes, it was a lot of effort...but I had a huge amount of fun doing it. Mum thinks I must have felt party deprived as a child ;-).

I should post pictures of the kitchen sink, or the laundry in the lead up to party time...lets just say lots of jobs fell to the side in an effort to put that party together...the only 'wonder' is that we have anything other than party food to eat this week ;-).

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Wow, that Kim is one talented lady isn't she! She never fails to inspire me, aren't we lucky to have such amazing stamping friends! Hugs Kate x