Friday 1 May 2009

Stampin' Up! Convention 2009 starts today...


...aaarrrrgggghhhhhhh! I am sooo excited!! But this is not the reason I am posting at 5:30 am . The dog next door is howling and barking himself silly. I think his owners have gone away again and left him there by himself. But not even a howling dog is going to spoil my day. Today is the first day of Stampin' Up!'s annual convention, and it is being held here, in my home town Canberra. I may nod off at the table in the afternoon...but I'll hear the screaming if they announce anything special.

So, since I couldn't sleep anyway, I thought I'd get up and show you my swaps, and a few other bits and pieces.

This is my swap card:


Do you think it looks yummy enough to eat? I've made 20 of them...and almost completely exhausted my supply of Sweet Always DSP and Choc Chip cardstock.


I also made these little matching accoutrements while I was watching Grey's and Private Practice last night:


Well, I might be back later. The dawn is breaking over the hills to the east...the howling dog seems to have fallen asleep (Grrrrrrrr)...its gonna be a great day!

Sam.

7 comments:

Laura W said...

Your swaps are darling -- I hope you have a great time! I'm going to my 1st convention this year ... whee! :) (But in Utah, not there.:)

Laura W. said...

P.S. I meant to leave that comment from my stamp blog, not blogger. :)

Unknown said...

Have fun at the convention Sam sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun....

Love the cards... Love all your work!
Xx

Suzie said...

Absolutely love your creativity, you are inspire me to do better.
Have a great time at your convention they are so much fun.

Ruth said...

Love your swap card, and the matching notebook adn bookmark! Is that an SU! notebook and spiral punch you've used to fit the paper nicely around the binding?
Looks fantastic :)
And thanks for your Convention-sharing. I've been blog-searching for tid-bits *roll eyes*

Sam said...

Thanks for the comments girls.

Ruth, the DSP and spiral punch are both from Stampin' Up! Sorry for not having posted recipes with those shots. I'll try do it later today or tomorrow.

Have a great weekend,
Sam.

Carol Dunstan said...

these are great, I wish I had more swaps so I could have got one of these too!