Sunday 10 May 2009

A bit on the riotous side...


This is a birthday card I recently made for my little boy. It is a bit on the riotous side, and I nearly wasn't going to put it up here, but it has kinda grown on me:


The cardstock I have used here is Tangerine Tango, Basic Black and Brushed Silver. I have stamped the rocket image in Black Stazon on watercolour paper and coloured it with an aquapainter and classic ink (in Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point and Baja Blue).

The black ribbon is from the Valet Ribbon Originals pack. The sentiment is from the Think Happy Thoughts set and has been punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch and mounted on a metal edge tag.

I also wanted to show you a couple of shots from our Mother's day bushwalk today:




Who knew tomatoes could be so much fun?



We found this lovely grassy meadow...and what better thing to do, but have a little snooze!



...or a run, take you pick ;-).

Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Thanks again for visiting.
Sam.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you put it on Sam...I think it's fantastic....and having two boys of my own I find their cards the hardest to make!

Love that last shot of your beautiful little boy...just gorgeous!Xx

Cheryl said...

Fantastic Sam!!! I love the colours and the nesties look fab as does your colouring!
xx

KimB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristie said...

I'm glad you posted it too...little boy cards can be tough, but this one is sure to be a hit!

Karen said...

Hi Sam - your card rockets........err I mean ROCKS! LOL

I really really like it and I'm so glad you posted it for us to see!

Sounds like you really had a lovely mothers day too - good on ya!

Luv Karen

Jean McKenzie said...

Sam, I think your card is perfect for an active little boy. Bright and fun!! Love the photos too - nothing nicer than bush walking.

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the card - soo perfect for your little man!
Gorgeous photos of your family too - looks like a fun day.
xXx