Thursday 7 May 2009

A new little someone...


A work colleague and his wife recently had a baby girl, and I volunteered to make the welcome card. This is the card I have made:


The cardstock colours are Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White, and the ink is Riding Hood Red Classic ink. The Designer Series Papers are from the Bella Rose and Candy Lane packs. The giraffe stamp is from the Wild About You stamp set. The sentiment is from the Chit Chat rub-ons and the brad is from the Filigree designer brad set.

The ribbon is 5/8" Grosgrain in Chocolate Chip. I have also used the eyelet border punch and a variety of Spellbinders Scalloped Oval and Plain Oval Dies. I have pierced the large Chocolate Chip Scalloped Oval layer using a paper piercer. As always, I've used a whole bunch of SNAIL, dimensionals, mini glue dots and sticky strip!

The card measures 6 x 6 inches and I will put it with one of the Stampin' Up! square Chocolate Chip envelopes from the Carousel Notes set.

I think that about sums it up. It is waaaaay past my bed time now....please 'scuse any typos.

:-)
Sam.

7 comments:

Sue Hayward said...

Love Riding Hood Red, think it is my favorite, couldn't be because red is my favorite color LOL! Your friends know who to turn to for a wonderful cards.

Kellie Jupe said...

Beautiful card Sam, love the colour combo and everything about the card - nice work

Unknown said...

Hey Sam, this is gorgeous! I love the colour combo.

Leonie said...

What a sweet card! I love the new RHRed, it is so gorgeous,

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on my SCS Gallery said...

Oh Sam - what a GORGEOUS card!!! Love the colour combo, and the layout is just WOW!

Kristie said...

This is adorable Sam. Love that giraffe ♥ It's nice to see a baby card that's not all soft pastels....just lovely :)

AJ said...

I ♥ this card! How gorgeous!!