Wednesday 6 May 2009

Inspired by the IBC...

This little card was inspired by the picture on the bottom of page 34 of the current Stampin' Up! Australia - New Zealand Idea Book and Catalogue:


The colours are Baja Blue, Kraft, Pink Pirouette and Certainly Celery. I have also used a crimper, Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain, Scallop Edge punch, Scalloped Circle punch, Round Metal Edge Tag, Rub-Ons, On Board Lots of Letters Chipboard, Crystal Effects, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Mini Glue Dots and Dimensionals.

I have coloured the chipboard with Baja Blue ink using a sponge dauber, and then I have painted Crystal Effects on using a paint brush. I have sealed the ends of the bow by holding it near a candle flame...this prevents it fraying.

I really love this colour combo...it looks so fresh and pretty!

Thanks for dropping by,
Sam.

3 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

great card hope the party goes well for your little one & I can see you were awake as you've stopped the ribbon from fraying!

Unknown said...

Very cute card Sam.... You are right it does look fresh and very pretty...I am sure she will love it... LOVE the mermaid invites too. Makes me wish I had a girl (sigh).
Xx

Jean McKenzie said...

Beautiful card Sam and I love your perfect bow!! I am envious LOL!! Yes wasnt that a great tip that we learnt at Convention about burning the ribbon ends to stop fraying!