Tuesday 8 January 2008

Sparkly Heart Valentine



I made this Valentine's Day card last night. I actually made the sparkly heart a while ago, and didn't really know what to do with it, but with Valentine's Day coming up it seemed an ideal time to get it off my desk ;-). You can see a tutorial on how to make these sparklies on Fleurie's blog Forever Young. The heart is from the On Board Accents chipboard set. I coloured my heart with Rose Red Classic Ink, using a Sponge Dauber, before I applied the Heat and Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds.

The colours used on the card are: Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red and Whisper White. The light pink paper is from the Loves Me Double-Sided Designer Series Paper collection. The pink ribbon is from the Flirty Ribbon Originals collection. Both the Loves Me papers and the Flirty ribbons are from the Summer Mini Catalogue.

I have done some faux stitching around the edge of the small Rose Red layer. The bottom Rose Red layer, the small Elegant Eggplant layer, and the Heart are all mounted up on Dimensionals. The 'LOVE' sentiment is from the All About You stamp set, and has been stamped on Whisper White cardstock in Elegant Eggplant. I have punched it out using the Stampin' Up! small oval punch. The piece underneath is Elegant Eggplant, and has been punched out using the large oval punch.

And that's all there is to it,
Sam.

No comments: