Saturday 19 January 2008

Happy Birthday!



We have a special little friend whose birthday is coming up soon, and this is the card that I have made for her.

I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting away from beautiful Regal Rose at the moment...I'm going through TONNES of it! My apologies if you are over it.

The background on this card is Chocolate Chip. I've used the Gel Pen to place the dots down the side. The next layer is Designer Series Double-Sided Paper (DSP) from the 'Loves Me' pack. I don't know about Loves Me...but I LOVE IT ;-). I have stamped her name on the card using Whimsical Lower in Chocolate Chip ink and used a blue, square rhinestone brad for the dot.

The next layer is Chocolate Chip, then Whisper White, then Regal Rose (sigh!). I've stamped the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the SAB 2008 set - Birthday Whimsy on the Regal Rose layer, in Regal Rose Classic Ink. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip Grosgrain.

The number three is from the On Board Simon Lower chipboard set and I have covered it in Loves Me paper, which I glued on using Crystal Effects. I then used a craft knife to cut away the excess DSP, and sanded the edges using various tools in the AWESOME Basic Grey Precision File Set (This is a MUST HAVE...no more nail files, or other bits that don't quite get into the corner). I have painted Crystal Effects over the top of the papered 3 using a paintbrush, and mounted it on the card using dimensionals.

When I started making this card, I was actually going to CASE this card from Claire Daly, whose work I find VERY inspirational, not to mention beautiful! I somehow got sidetracked though.....pretty much because I had some previously layered cardstock on my desk that I wanted to incorporate.

So there you go :-).

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

the pinks and browns are gorgeous together, one of my fave colour combos :)