Wednesday 23 January 2008

Baby Girl



The colours are: Regal Rose (stock up before I buy it all ;-), Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink. I've distressed the edges of the Pretty in Pink layer. If I was making this card again, I would either Cuttlebug the Pretty in Pink layer, or spritzer it, or Versamark it. It could definitely use a lift of some sort.

The babies are from the Baby Firsts stamp set and are stamped in Stazon on Watercolour paper and coloured using an Aquapainter and Classic Ink. They are mounted up on Dimensionals. The 'Celebrate' sentiment is from Everyday Flexible Phrases and is stamped in Regal Rose on Very Vanilla and punched using the small oval punch. The layer beneath is Regal Rose, and that has been punched with the large oval punch, and mounted on Dimensionals.

The ribbon is my attempt at a ribbon blossom. I know...I failed, but hey, a girls gotta try...right? The tutorial for these can be found on Pam's blog, Indigo Studio. As you can see...she doesn't fail when she does them, Pam's are stunning. I will try again...one day, when I feel brave again ;-). Mine is mounted on the card using Glue Dots, instead of tying...which I thought might be tricky given my double line of ribbons.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

I was just thinking, hey, that ribbon bow looks so neat! and then I read that you 'failed' with it! I don't think you failed at all. I think it's lovely just as it is :)