Tuesday 8 January 2008

Its nearly Valentine's Day, and Love Matters!



Here is a little card that I made last night. I was mucking about in my cardstock folder last week and these colours came together. They have been sitting on my desk, ready to work with since then. I just bought Love Matters, from our Summer Mini catalogue, last week (I'd been waiting for Sale-A-Bration to start ;-), and with Valentine's Day coming up...I thought I'd see if I could dream up an appropriate card or two.

The colours are: Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Ruby Red and Summer Sun. I think most of it speaks for itself. I have coloured some of the hearts on the background, using an Aquapainter and Bordering Blue Classic Ink. There is at least a quarter of a sheet of Dimensionals holding the three elevated layers up! I have tried to replicate a Ticket Corner punch effect using my slit punch....but if you look carefully you can see that these are a bit wonky. Fingers crossed for the ticket punch in our next catty ;-).

The 'Love' sentiment has been stamped in Stazon on Watercolour Paper and coloured using an Aquapainter and Classic Ink (I am enjoying doing it this way far more often than using the Watercolour Wonder Crayons as it gives a much more vibrant finish IMO). I have also used some Jumbo Eyelets that were a gift from a friend in the US. She sent me a whole bunch of bits and pieces in a little container...and of course last night (working by the light of my brand new, Christmas present OTT light (ooops), but with my brain on auto-pilot) I didn't realise there were two different colours of these eyelets, Antique Brass and Pewter...so if you have a sharp eye you will see that I have accidently used one of each colour on this card....hmmmmm (actually, looking back at the photo...which was taken in the cold hard light of day mind you...It is bleeding obvious that they are different colours...double-Hmmmmm).

I couldn't see any way of getting it out once I had hammered it down...so now it is a FEATURE, ok? (I am going to work on the premise that the recipient will be so over-awed and stunned by the beauty of my fabulous colouring that they won't notice the mismatched eyelets...yeah, right! ;-). Good thing I do this for fun eh?

Have a great day,
Sam.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

ooooh! I love those big bold eyelets!! My shiny new Cropadile wants to play with them! hehe ;)