Saturday 5 January 2008

Hello Little Bees...

My cardmaking mojo has decided to take a small vacation. It has gone to Venice. I believe that it is currently gondola-ing around the Grand Canal, licking a strawberry gelato, and listening to its gondolier serenade it. Lucky thing! I am, however, not in Venice. I don't even have any strawberry gelato on hand that I could pretend with. Spaghetti Bolognaise for dinner may well be the closest I will get to Italy for the next decade or so...woe is me ;-).

Anyway, left mojo-less...this card is all I could come up with.



I'm not pleased. It is the second card today, and the first was even less inspiring to me. What gives? I do wish that I had the SU photo corner punch. I am convinced that this is what the card needs, some photo corners on the Brocade Blue layer. But who knows? My mojo would...when I find out what name it is travelling under (not mine because my passport is still here), I am going to track it down, call it up, and give it a darn good speaking to! AND, if it is staying at the Gritti Palace on my Credit Card it is going to get a walloping when it gets home.

The colours are: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Very Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie. The stamp set is the SAB 2008 set Merci. The background has been stamped using Versamark and one of the dotty stamps from...Itty Bitty Backgrounds. The flowers on the Brocade Blue layer have been stamped in Brocade Blue and coloured in using an Aquapainter and more Brocade Blue ink. I've used the white gel pen to make some flower centres. This layer is mounted on Dimensionals, and has been distressed along the edges.

The Very Vanilla layer is also mounted on Dimensionals. The brads are the brass coloured ones in the vintage set. The large chocolate chip squares are mounted on Dimensionals, and were punched out using the large square punch. The bees have been stamped using Stazon, on squares of Watercolour Paper, punched out using the small square punch. I've coloured in the bees using and Aquapainter and Classic ink, picked up from the lid, in Pumpkin Pie and Basic Brown.

I desperately wanted to use some ribbon, ribbon is my friend! I had seven rolls out on the desk by the end, all in various stages of disarray, but do you think I could find anything that worked? Nope, nothing, nada! So there you have it...Hello Little Bees!

Sam.

No comments: