Saturday 5 January 2008

Dandelion Puffs...

This card was inspired by one I recently saw on Kerri Hunter's blog here. I love what she has done with the Stem Silhouttes stamp, and when I saw it, I knew I'd have to CASE it soon :-).



My colours are: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Pumpkin Pie and Naturals Ivory. I have spritzered (my spell-checker is trying to tell me this isn't a word...but as of now...IT IS ;-) Chocolate Chip around the edges of the Chocolate Chip background. The Always Artichoke layer is mounted up on Dimensionals. The next layer is Mellow Moss, and I have stamped one of the Stem Silhouttes stamps on it in Mellow Moss Classic ink, and then I have distressed it. The next layer is Pumpkin Pie, and it has been run through the crimper and mounted up on Dimensionals (yes, I do go through a tonne of these ;-).

Last, but certainly not least, is the Naturals Ivory layer. I have stamped the Stem Silhouettes stamp in Basic Brown ink. Then I have used a sponge Dauber to dab a daub of Always Artichoke Classic Ink on the ends. I've then over-stamped this in Versamark, sprinkled on clear emboss powder and heated using the heat tool. You can't see the embossing, but it is kind of speckledy...just like you would expect a Dandelion Puff to be, it looks cool (IMHO). I have then spritzered the cardstock using Always Artichoke ink, and inked the edges in the same colour. This layer is also mounted up on Dimensionals (I do use up all the scrappy bits around the edge of the sheets...makes 'em go a bit further ;-).

The 'Many Thanks' sentiment is from the SAB 2008 Lots of Thoughts stamp set. It is a very versatile set! I've stamped in Chocolate Chip ink (I inked the individual line on the stamp using a Choc Chip Stampin' Write Marker), and stamped on Choc Chip cardstock. This has been mounted in a piece of Antique Brass Hodge Podge, and secured with brads.

Again, I tried to squeeze in some ribbon, but alas I couldn't make it work. I hope I am not developing some sort of ribbon-a-phobia. That would be TRAGIC!

See ya,
Sam.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Hi Sam :) been too long since I've gone visiting blogs! Look at all the gorgeous creations you have made :) What a clever idea with the stem silhouettes... oh dear, now they are on my sickeningly long wish list of stuff I have to have!