Saturday 19 January 2008

Bee Happy...



This beautiful little card was sent to me by the lovely Tracy at Enchantasy. She also sent me a whole bunch of blank images on watercolour paper for me to play with. How cool is that? Thanks Tracy :-)! So this morning, while it has been drizzling away in the ACT...reminding me of a cold rainy New Year we spent in Edinburgh in 1995 (it is nearly as cold as that time too) I have been colouring one in. The picture below shows the final product.



The colours are Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun, Regal Rose (OF COURSE ;-) and Rose Red. I have used the Love Swirls wheel in Elegant Eggplant ink on the background cardstock. The next layer is Velum Cardstock, and I have used some of the brads from the Earth Elements selection on the corners. The next Elegant Eggplant layers is mounted up on Dimensionals. The next layer is Summer Sun and it has been run through the crimper. The smallest Elegant Eggplant layer has also been mounted up on Dimensionals. I have coloured Tracy's stamped image using Classic Inks and an Aquapainter.

I am finally getting the hang of using the light-tent and OTT light (that I got for Christmas) to take photos of my cards...they are very useful, especially given it is so grey here today. I shine my OTT light into the tent from the front, and the result is pretty good. The image could do with being a bit brighter IMO...but I can always tweak that in Photoshop.

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh these are so adorable!!!

~* Tracy *~ said...

I'm glad you like your little bee :)