Tuesday 1 January 2008

More Merci...

We watched The Bourne Ultimatum on DVD last night, by the time it was finished it was only about an hour or so to go until the midnight fireworks were televised from Sydney Harbour (my old home town). So, I decided to stay up and watch them, and to make a card while I was waiting. It sounded like the rest of southern Canberra was awake and some were up to mischief too. I heard at least three very loud detonations...that did not sound like fireworks to me!

But I digress. This is the card that I made:



The colours are Chocolate Chip, Marigold Morning and Rose Red. The stamps are from Merci, a Sale-A-Bration 2008 set. I have also used the Happy Birthday from the Warmest Regards Level 1 Hostess set and the Paisley background stamp.

The smallest Rose Red layer is mounted on Dimensionals, as is the smallest Marigold Morning layer and the Watercolour paper. I have stamped the butterfly in Basic Brown ink on the Watercolour paper and then coloured using Classic Ink and an Aquapainter. The Basic Brown ink did not run at all! Again, the ribbon and brads are a gift from a friend in the US...and are not available here.

I am really pleased with how this one turned out...and have an upcoming birthday that it will do very nicely for :-).

2 comments:

FiLoMa said...

Hi Sam,

I just love the colours you used in this card, but then again, that rose colour is just gorgeous. Your sympathy card in the next post is also nice, love the use of the cuttlebug. I also like the prvious post, again the colours come together really well.

Cheers Fiona

~* Tracy *~ said...

Hey Sam, this card is just divinely gorgeous. Really very very special :)
~Tracy