Monday 8 September 2008

Sydney Regionals 2008 - Swap Card

I went to Sydney on the weekend, and spent a fabulous day at the Convention Centre being WOW'ed, and swapping, and making cards, and hearing business tips and meeting up with lots of demo friends. It was great fun, and I've got lots of ideas to share with you at upcoming classes and workshops.

I managed to make some swaps last week, and this is my card:




My swap was only the card front, but I recently used this design at a workshop and we made the whole card (of course ;-), and this is the inside:



This card uses Always Artichoke and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, Holiday Harmony DSP, Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon and the Season of Joy stamp set, the latter three being available in the current Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalogue. I have also used gold brads, sponges and Purely Pomegranate Classic Ink, dimensionals and glue dots.

I had originally designed this card as follows:




But the opposing angles felt a bit odd, so I did not end up going with it in the end!

I hope you all had a fab-o weekend too!
Thanks for dropping by,
Sam.

10 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

bugger I missed you on the weekend, your swaps were beautiful too!

Kristie said...

I'm sorry I missed you too! I really should have just stood up a yelled your name...LOL! I would have loved to swap with you :( Oh well, I do have some swaps left over if you're interested, let me know.

Alana Galagher said...

Gorgeous cards Sam - I just love them :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow Sam, these are SO BEAUTIFUL!! I wish that was at your regionals so I could have swapped with you!
Dan.

Anonymous said...

The more I see Season of Joy the more I know I NEED to have it!

Anonymous said...

Sam, You amaze me with every single share! Inspirational!!

Karen said...

Hollllllllllly cow Sam!! These swaps are just GORGEOUS, STUNNING, ELEGANT!!! Geese, lucky, lucky girls who swapped with you!

Karen
xo

Karen said...

Hey Sam - I'm back again! lol

I just can't stop staring at these cards - they are beautiful! I need to order some of that paper now!

Just had to tell you AGAIN how lovely I think they are!

Tracy said...

gorgeous! just got that stamp set Sam and it is such a versatile set. How on earth do you do your bows! Dang it!

Anonymous said...

Sam, I can't believe I missed swapping with you, I am even more disappointed I did not meet you, There was a table of demo’s from ACT next to the table I was on….I hope that was not your table….. If I go to convention I am going to hunt you down...{simle}