Sunday 14 September 2008

Merry, Merry Christmas

I've had this window/shaker card in my head for a while now......and no, there wasn't a lot of spare space up there while it was 'on the inside' ;-). It didn't come out exactly like I'd imagined...but I can always tinker with it later...



The cardstock is Night of Navy and the stamps are from Stampin' Up!'s Merry Merry set. Merry, Merry is available during September as part of a promotion where you buy the set, and get the matching jumbo Stampin Around wheel free. There are five other sets and matching jumbo wheel available as part of this deal click here for more information.

But back to my card...The front panel is mounted up on a double layer of dimensional edging (the left-over strips from around the edges of sheets of dimensionals). I have also inked the edge of this piece using a sponge and Whisper White craft ink. The window was cut out using one of the Nestabilities Petite Oval Dies in my Cuttlebug. I have stamped images from the Merry, Merry set on a piece of acetate using Cotton White Stazon, and then stuck it over the window with sticky strip (on the underside). I did try to emboss the acetate in white, but the heat of the heat tool melted the acetate...DOH! I am going to get some different types of acetate and give them a try, apparently the old OHP acetate works, as might the laser printer acetate.

I stamped the large baubles from Merry, Merry in Versamark Ink, onto the background cardstock, and then embossed these white. I dumped a GINORMOUS pile of Dazzling Diamonds onto the background cardstock (a la Derek! - if you were at the recent Regionals you might know what I mean) before I stuck down the window layer on top. If you find you have any Dazzling Diamond 'leaks' in the corners of the window you can 'fix' them using Crystal Effects (it is all hidden under the top layer, so you won't see it). I have tied a piece of White Taffeta ribbon around the base of the card. The sentiment is a Rub-On from the Cherished Memories set.

...and thats's it! Definitely not one to be making 50 of though....imagine the mess...UGH!!!!!
Ciao,
Sam.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

WOW, that is just stunning Sam...I LOVE IT!!!!
I have a fun visual of you now with the glitter a la Derek..."Nah, that's not enough, needs some MORE"...LOL!

kareN stampZ said...

Very cool - it looks awesome & very Christmas like

Diane Barnes said...

Ah, now I see what you were doing with the acetate. Looks fabulous! Such a clever idea. Hope you're having a happy & sunny morning! Best wishes, Di :)

Anonymous said...

Sam, this card is absolutley GORGEOUS!!! I am totally lovin all that bling! But I am with you 50 of those would be too much :) Keesh x