Wednesday 17 September 2008

For a friend...

This card is for a good friend who is retiring...



I was hesitant about putting a bow on a card for a man, but I am happy with the end result and hope that he will like it too.

The stamped image is from the retired (how appropriate) Stampin' Up! set, Fun & Fast Notes, and has been stamped on watercolour paper in black Stazon. I have watercoloured the image using an aquapainter and classic ink. The background card is in Tempting Turquoise. The next layer is a piece of More Mustard DSP from the East Coast Prep pack. Then there is a piece of Real Red which I have cuttlebugged, then a piece of Wild Wasabi. The ribbon around the Real Red layer is from the Jersey Ribbon Originals pack.

I have received two beautiful entries for my 20k blog candy competition which ends on Tuesday 30th September. I will try and post pictures of those cards later today. Thanks so much for entering ladies!

Back later,
Sam.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

This is so cute Sam....and I think the ribbon is just right....stripes are always good for *boys*...LOL!

Mandy Schiller said...

Great card Sam! Men can have ribbon 2 they would be missing out otherwise! Lol...