Sunday 28 September 2008

Christmas Card Class Card...

Here is one of the cards we made at my Wednesday night card class, an origami Christmas Tree card:



I first saw the instructions on how to make these origami Christmas trees on Juliann's blog Pixie Too, but I was inspired to use our Wintergreen DSP when I saw this card on Michele Force's blog.

The cardstock colours used are: Always, Artichoke, Soft Sky, and Whisper White. I have also used Wintergreen DSP; Soft Sky, Always Artichoke and Versamark inks; Stampin' Up!'s small star punch; gold brads; Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon (for the tree trunk); stamps from the Many Merry Messages and Short and Sweet stamp sets; the retired Twinkle wheel and the Linen background stamp....and that's about it (except of course for SNAIL adhesive and a whole bunch of dimensionals [I hate it when my raised layers sag.......there will be no sagging I say!]).

I love how this card turned out :-).

Thanks for dropping by...again!
Sam.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Sam - you never cease to amaze me with the beautiful cards you make! I would have been soooooo happy to make those cards had I come along to your cardmaking night!

Karen
xo

Kristie said...

These are awesome Sam...I sure hope I make your Christmas card list :)

Nancy Riley said...

Gorgeous! I HAVE to try one of these! TFS!

Mandy Schiller said...

Sam - These are just fabulous! I love them.

Mandyxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, I have put a link to this card on my blog as it inspired me to make one of my own.

Gorgeous card, as is the rest of your work!

TFS
Michelle
x

Jules said...

Beautiful card! Love it with the star on top!
These are so fun!
Still one of my favorite cards to make!
Have a great week!