Monday 1 September 2008

20K Blog Hits - Celebration

I've been feeling like I need to get on the blog candy band-wagon, and with 20,000 hits looming, I thought...what better reason?

I am going to run it like a challenge, using the following image as inspiration:



The fabric swatch image comes from Kelani Fabric. I know the blue in the fabric is closer to Tempting Turquoise, but I wanted Soft Sky! I haven't even used all the colours in the swatch..but hey, I'm making the rules here ;-).

All you need to do is make a card, any style, size and fold you like, but Stampin' Up! products only please. You do not have to use all of the Stampin' Up! colours listed above, but you must not use any other colour (strict aren't I??).

Then either:

a/ load a picture of your creation on your blog (along with a link to my blog), and leave a comment here letting me know that you have made an entry;

b/ email me a picture of your creation (and leave a comment here), and I will load your picture onto my blog; or

c/ send me your creation and I will photograph it and load it here (please also leave a comment on here letting me know that you are doing this). I will not be able to return items submitted this way...but I will treasure them :-).

You may enter as many times as you like. I was going to make it a random drawing, using comment numbers, but Blogger does not appear to number the comments, so I am going to ask Hubby to be the judge instead..it'll be kinda random anyway ;-). I'll ask him to choose a winner based on design and craftsmanship. He will not know who the card creators are.

The prize is: up to $20 (AUD) worth of Stampin' Up! products, redeemable through me, to be chosen from either of the current Australian Stampin' Up! catalogues. The winner will have 1 month from the date of winning to redeem their prize. This challenge is open to Australian residents only, and I will cover the cost of postage and packaging to an Australian address. Stampin' Up! demonstrators and non-demonstrators are welcome to enter.

The closing date for entries is midnight (AEST), Tuesday 30th September. The challenge winner will be announced on my blog on the weekend of 4 - 5th October, 2008.

I think that's all. If you have any questions please comment here or send me an email. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you'll make an entry!

All the best,
Sam.

9 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Oooooh, a challenge!...what fun!
& a challenge, especially without my beloved celery ;o)
See ya!, Di :)

One Klassy Chick said...

Gorgeous colour Sam! Might have to give this one a go! I DO love a challenge :)

S x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

Congratulations on 20k hits OMG that's huge! Our mutual SU friend Diane sugested I give your challenge a try. It is Autumn here in the UK, but spring in the land of Oz so decided to celebrate spring!

On my SCS gallery here is the link:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1057808?cat=500&ppuser=138239

Have a great day ... Ngaire

Caroline said...

Hi Sam
I've had a go at your challenge. I found it really tricky!! But I had fun trying, so thank you!
http://carolinesstamppad.blogspot.com/2008/09/sams-colour-challenge.html
Looking forward to seeing yours!
Cheers!

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi Sam, I HAD to try this one although I found it very tricky too. I usually have to have a green or brown in there somewhere! Love the colours though. Here is my card:

http://jeanmckenzie.blogspot.com

Cheers, Jean

Dani Fender said...

Hi Sam,

I have made 2 cards for your challenge! Those colours were so Gorgeous!! Thanks for the challenge! Good luck to your DH when he judges!

You can find my cards here...

http://danifender.blogspot.com/2008/09/triple-challenged.html

Cheers,

Dani

Mandy Schiller said...

Hi Sam

I made a card for your challenge I also found it a little tricky but am happy with the result. You can find it here http://mandyschiller.blogspot.com
Thanks
Congrats on the 20k hits as well.
Mandyxx

Kellie Jupe said...

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the challenge Sam. I really like the strictness of the colours - whats the point of a colour challenge if you can use whatever colours you want I say!!! Anyway here is the link to my card http://kelliejupe.blogspot.com/2008/09/sams-celebration-colour-challenge.html

Debbie M said...

Hi

Thought I might have a go - I really love challenges - gets me out of my comfort zone and makes me have a go.... Heres mine at:

http://hubbysheadache.blogspot.com/2008/09/sams-challenge.html

Debbie M