Saturday 10 March 2012

Lil Monster Wishes...


 This week I discovered and joined the Annabelle Stamps - Stamp Embellish Create ning site:


It is a is a lovely, free community for sharing cardmaking, stamping techniques and crafting ideas!

Once I'd found my way around the site (and said hello to a few fellow crafters and bloggers), I found a great video tutorial by Sue Kohler, on how to make groovy dotty textures using Copic markers. It looked so fab I had to give it a try!




My Copic colouring skills still leave a lot to be desired, but I'll get there one day! In the meantime, I'm having lots of fun, and watching lots of YouTube video tutorials too.

I have used Annabelle Stamps Lil Monster again...he is so sweet and goofy, and so much fun to colour. The gorgeous, textured, brown background paper is from the Tiny Woods collection by Kaisercraft (swoon), and it reminded me so much of monster fur, that I thought it was perfect for this job.

I've also added a few big dollops of Crystal Effects to the balloon, eyes, tooth and toes. I love how it makes these things just jump off the card.

The sun is out here today, and we have a lovely long weekend to look forward to. Hope yours is lovely too!

2 comments:

KimB said...

Can see you've been having fun this weekend with your lil monster :) Love the dotty effect you got Sam - he looks so cute!!
Kim

Patrice said...

I am hopeless! Completely forgot I was supposed to be stopping by your mailbox last week. Will do that this week!

Your gorgeous lil monster has turned out fabulously. Sooooo cute.