Monday 12 March 2012

Punch Art Shadowbox MkII


 There were quite a few things I wanted to change after I completed my first attempt at a shadowbox card yesterday. So I got straight to it last night while the mojo seemed to be flowing, and now I have Shadowbox MkII to share...



 

As you can see, I kept the front of my shadowbox card really simple. I figured the inside said enough for both! Don't you think the little SU Tag with heart (on the front) looks like a message in a bottle? No? Well, maybe my imagination was working over-time...

This is a really meaty little card when it's all said and done, and may not pass Oz Post's 5mm thickness rule...so it may need some extra postage (or failing that, a box ;-)! But it does close...promise!

Did anyone else notice that I'd used the little girl face for my sailor boy yesterday? Well I didn't, not until this morning. So obviously, that's been remedied now too. The set I used is the Peachy Keen PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment. And again, the original inspiration for this little sailor boy in a shadowbox card is from Kim Score.

I am well pleased with how this one turned out, and I can tell you now...there will be more of these little treasures on my horizon (you do know that I can hear you groaning, don't you?!).

Ta ta!

1 comment:

Patrice said...

This is gorgeous Sam. You're so clever. Such a bright, happy and fun card - you'll have to show me how to make one of these as I've not attempted before and I do fancy having a go now.