Friday 15 June 2012

Feeling Pretty Ordinary...



That's me right now :-(. Not in the best of spirits. I am having a bunch of skin cancers treated on my face and just now I look like an escapee from an advanced plague trial. I keep watching for people's reaction to my face, and assuring them I'm not contagious. I'll spare you the pictures...being near dinner time and all, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still here and I also wanted to say thank you for the recent comments (and apologies for not getting back to you sooner...I've been feeling a tad sorry for myself).

I do have a little Happy Hello to show you though. I made this a while ago, but had to wait until it had safely wended its way across the Pacific and arrived in the big ol' US of A. I was worried it may not make it through customs because the package contained tea...but I fully declared it all, and it was store-bought and vaccum-sealed, and it got there with no worries at all. Hooray!
Project Recipe:

Cardstock: Early Expresso, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake (all by Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Early Expresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic Inks (Stampin' Up!) and Timber Brown Stazon (Tsukineko)
Stamps: Pun Fun (Stampin' Up! - Retired), Lots of Thoughts (Stampin' Up! - Retired SAB) and Canvas Background (Stampin' Up! - Retired)
Accessories: Watercolour Paper (Stampin' Up!), Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (Stampin' Up!), Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!) and Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!).

That's all from me right now. Gonna go back into hiding. Thank goodness I don't video blog!
Have a good weekend.


Blogged to: Celebration - Madonna, Message to My Girl - Split Enz, Dressed For Success - Roxette and Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh poor you hope you feel better soon. big(((HUG))) What a funky little tea cup, love the colors. Sandy :)

Patrice said...

Oh we are twins. I've had a shitful week (am I allowed to write that here) and definitely feel down in the dumps. Perhaps the winter blues?!

Anyway love your card - espresso and cobbler look lovely together.

Hope you cheer up soon. I'm sure your face is nowhere near as bad as you think!

Darnell said...

Your card is super darling, Sam! Thank you so much for joining my blog! I always welcome my followers and link them, so you may be receiving lots of cyber love and support! Please don't hide; you are way too talented and your cards are so inspiring!!

Redanne said...

Just cam over from Darnell's blog to send you a big cyber hug and to wish you well. Love your card, it is gorgeous.

Zippy said...

Fantastic card! Hope you get well soon, sure your face isnt as bad as you think and it will heal soon I'm sure xxx

Sarn said...

I've hopped on over from Darnell's blog to say HI.

Hope your treatment is successful and that you can start to smile again soon.

Trouble is, you can't go out in a balaclava can you? People get the wrong idea when you walk in the store! (Just trying to cheer you up - please forgive my warped SOH)

Positive thoughts and big hugs going your way.
xxxx

Sarn said...

Oh BLAST! I forgot to say how much I love your tea gift. It's just GREAT xxxx

Tracey said...

Sorry you're not feeling so flash Sam :( Or maybe you're feeling a bit better now that it's been a few days since this post? Hope so...Anyway, fab card (as always), and love how you've used that little SAB stamp! I've hoarded every single stamp set I've ever bought / earned. Perhaps I should actually use them? I might just find a little gem like this to use too ;-)

Peanut said...

Oh dear! Hope you get well soon. Sending you a hug. And your card is just fab. I adoooore rooibos tea. Your gift will be much appreciated. Take care! xxx

A Consuming Passion said...

Hope by now you're feeling more like you!!! Love this little project!

TLady said...

Check out www.theteatable.com for Rooibus teas!!!!!!! AND other teas too! :) HUGS!!!!!!!!