Saturday 10 October 2009

Happy Tri-Shutter Birthday Kim!



 I have been meaning, and meaning, and meaning to make one of these fabulous tri-shutter cards for AGES...and finally, with my friend Kim's birthday as added inspiration, I did it!

I used Beate's great video tutorial, available on Splitcoaststampers here. It is so easy to follow...I didn't even have to write any of the instructions down after the video...it really is a simple card, but so effective-looking. In terms of design/embellishment, I have borrowed heavily from Beate's tutorial card...so a big thank-you to Beate for the instruction and inspiration...



 

I have used Stampin' Up!'s Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP, along with Baja Breeze, Whisper White and textured Chocolate Chip cardstock. The birthday sentiment is from SU's Sincere Salutations stamp set, and the butterfly antennae are made from some retired wireworks wire. There is also a little white SU taffeta ribbon on there too.

The plain and scalloped ovals were cut using Spellbinder Nestabilities (Petite) and my Cuttlebug (you can buy Nestabilities from Bizzy Bec in Australia...and she even has a 12% discount special going at the moment). The butterflies are from Papertrey Ink's gorgeous Butterfly Kisses stamp set, and have been stamped in Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip Classic ink.

A few more holiday pics too...because it is still cold and windy down here...and I felt like some bright colours:
Musket Cove - Perfect palm
 

Musket Cove - Clusters of coconuts

 
 Musket Cove - Fragrant frangipani


 Musket Cove - Mmmmmm mango!

 
Musket Cove - Heavenly heliconia

 
Warwick Resort - Nadi Pool

Now that feels more like Summer, doesn't it?

Thanks for visiting me in cyber-space!

Sam.

P.S. We cracked out the iSnack 2.0 today and had it on toast...it tasted kinda odd, but it did spread very easily! I kept waiting for the Vegemite tang, but it never came. I love Vegemite, but am not yet convinced about iSnack 2.0/Cheesybite...or whatever the heck it is.

5 comments:

susy said...

the photos are gorgeous, if I close my eyes I can almost imagine the tropical breeze blowing through the palms (almost)At least we had sunshine here today, only around 21 but after the cool weather lately even that feels warm. A vegemite spread that doesn't taste like vegemite, don't think I'll bother,lol.

Leonie said...

Sam your card is divine! I have been meaning to have a go at one of these for ages! Your photos are making me long for another holiday! Victoria's weather is on the rise, got my first sunburn yesterday (yes! it was 20o, my skin is terrible!) Supposed to be 22 today, perfect gardening weather, TFS your lovely card :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous card Sam - just beautiful selection of colours and DPs.

And even though you're home your pics will be wonderful reminders of your time away! Am even more jealous now I've seen them though - LOL
xXx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on My SCS Gallery said...

Oh my gosh Sam!! Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love the colours and the way you decorated it - just stunning!
Gorgeous holiday pics too - bet you wish you were back there lying around (well, as much as can sort-of lie around with kids - at least there's no housework beckoning!!)

Allison Reid said...

Hi Sam, I love the tri shutter card, I've been wanting to make one as well for so long. Hope you are all well, love the holiday snaps as well.

Cheers,

Allison R