Sunday 4 October 2009

Bula blogland!

Ok...so its been mighty quiet around here of late, but I'd feel hypocritical apologising, because I'd do it again in a flash!!!!! We've been in Fiji baby...and it was pure PARADISE :-).

I am not going to bore you with a lot of details...check out the pictures below, they are worth a thousand words IMHO...and on this dreary, rainy, cold day in Canberra, they are medicine for my soul!

 
Warwick Resort - View from our room


Warwick Resort - Sunset on the beach

 
Warwick Resort - Romantic dinner bure

 
 Warwick Resort - Rainbows are made in paradise

 
Warwick Resort - Just lolling about


Warwick Resort - Miss 5 learning to snorkel

 
Warwick Resort - Wicked Walu Island

 
Warwick Resort - Fancy a wedding in paradise?

 
Warwick Resort - Mini golf champion of the world


Warwick Resort - Firewalking ceremony


Warwick Resort - Wicked Walu Island at night


Warwick Resort - Fresh coconut milk anyone?


Warwick Resort - Nadi pool


Warwick Resort - What can I say?...sigh!

The colours are REAL! I boosted one or two (using PioneerWoman actions), but by and large, these babies are the real deal. I used a polarising filter on my lens, which helped a bit too.

We stayed in two different locations, the Warwick Spa and Resort on the Coral Coast, Viti Levu, and the Musket Cove Resort, on Malololailai. Both resorts were fabulous, and I can highly recommend them to you. I'll save the Musket Cove resort photos for another rainy day though.

The Fijian people are just delightful. They are so friendly and welcoming...I had a very hard time leaving.

Better go help with lunch now...more pics later.
Thanks for stopping by.
Sam.

11 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Ohh I'm just sooooo jealous!!! I haven't managed to get away for AGES! The joys of a child doing year 12!!!

Stunning pics - no wonder you didn't want to leave! I'm there tight now - in my head - LOL
xXx

Robin. said...

sooo pretty! glad you had a wonderful time. i look forward to more blogging from you now!!! haha

:O)

susy said...

I must admit I'm a little green with envy, looks gorgeous and you did a fab job with the photos. So did you firewalk?

Robyn said...

Oooh!`You are lucky Sam ! Looks fabulous! Glad you had a great time!

Karen said...

oh your lucky duck! Good on ya Sam - what a beautiful place it looks!

karen
x

Leonie said...

Lucky, lucky you, I am so jelous

Unknown said...

Ohhh HELLO!!! Who told you you could go away and have a wonderful time and make me so totally JEALOUS!!!!

Really though Sam...I hope you had a magnifcent time and you came home all relaxed and happy.... Beautiful shot sweetie...Hope you have more!!! Xx

SharonD said...

Awesome!! I sooo know how you felt, not wanting to leave...Rarotonga was the same for me.

Glad you had a good time...hard not too though huh?

Anthonette said...

Your pictures are fabulous, Sam! Fiji sounds and looks wonderful.

Pauline said...

Sigh. It looks like heaven! How wonderful for you and your family!

gail kirby said...

Looks wonderful, lots of hppy memories to look back on and scrap! Your photography is AMAZING! I will be hunting you down at convention next year to teach me how to get my digigtal SLR off "full auto" lol!

Take care

Gail x