Monday 27 September 2010

Some Public Holiday Crafting, Snoozing, Reading and stuff...


It is a public holiday here in the ACT, and hubby took the kids to Sydney for the weekend, and left me alone to recuperate (he is such a sweetie). So today, with a balmy top temp of 20 degrees C, I have done some crafting, had a snooze, made 2 minute noodles for lunch, hung some washing and read my book (The Rembrandt Affair by Daniel Silva). Blissful!

I started a card this afternoon with the intention of it being for another sketch challenge, but I had to ditch the sketch in the end because I couldn't fit my design elements on the card. I'll attempt the sketch again later...with another design.

Anyhoo....this is my very bright card:



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Real Red (Textured and Plain), Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White.
Accessories: Hoppy Memories Simply Scrappin' Kit (SU - Retired), Pure Poppy Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon (PTI), Hawaiian Shores Pure Wool Felt (PTI), Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlets (SU), Fire Circles Rhinestone Brads (SU), Chit Chat Rub-Ons (SU), Crimper, Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive.

I love this colour combo. So bright and fresh. You'll also note I've now broken into my PTI Hawaiian Shores Felt (from Kim) for the first time...what delicious stuff! I have some more colours coming (hopefully tomorrow)...so I'll be stalking the parcel postie all day ;-).

Well, that's it from me. Time to go back to my book I think. I hope your day has been peaceful too.








(Blogged to: Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics and Supermassive Black Hole - Muse).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sam, this card is so nice and bright, something I always struggle with but you have done a fab job of it!

Mandy Schiller said...

Love these lovely bright and fresh colours Sam, they all look fabulous together and compliment each other nicely.

Debbie Pamment said...

Sounds like the perfect day - and you can just tell you enjoyed it because of the brightness of your card - it's mirroring your mood I'm sure!
xXx

Leonie said...

How bright and fun! Lucky you with alone time in your own home!

susy said...

Gorgeous stuff Sam, being sick hasn't stopped your creativity. Nothing like a good bit of day time slumber to get you feeling well again.
cheers,
Sue