Wednesday 29 September 2010

A Raggedy Ann Birthday


Over the last week my two kids have brought home FIVE birthday party invitations. I'm doing the math to see what time of year it was when all of these children were conceived. I'm thinking it must have something to do with the Christmas Holidays or Australia Day ;-).

Anyway, I've been madly trying to come up with some inspiration for the Birthday cards I'll need for all of these parties. So I went into my 'TO BE CASED' folder and immediately saw THESE Raggedy Ann and Andy cards by the amazingly talented Clare of Crafty Cow Creations. I have a stack of Clare's punch art marked in my folder....she dreams up the most amazing punch art! Thank you for the inspiration (again) Clare.

Here is my version of Raggedy Ann...



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Real Red (Plain and Textured), Pacific Point, Whisper White, Blush Blossom, Basic Black (Textured) and Kraft (all Stampin' Up!).
Punches: Extra Large Scallop Circle, Extra Large Scallop Oval, Extra Large Oval, Oval, 1 1/4 Inch Circle, 1 Inch Circle, 1/4 Inch Circle, Extra Large Tag, Large Word Window, Heart to Heart, Boho Blossoms, Slot and Eyelet Border (all Stampin' Up!).
Accessories: Black and Real Red Brads (SU), Basic Black and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers (SU), Paper Piercer, Crimper, Pacific Point Patterns DSP (SU - Retired), Pure Poppy Bakers Twine (PTI), Sunshine Impression Plate (PTI), Crystal Effects (SU), SNAIL Adhesive (SU) and Dimensionals (SU).

I also went looking for Miss 6's own Raggedy Ann doll...you know, just for a little extra inspiration. After much mumbling, muttering and gnashing of teeth on my part...I eventually unearthed Raggedy Ann in a rather embarrassing state of nekkidness (why do kids find it neccessary to remove every stitch of clothing on dolls and teddies?)! I could not locate her dress and apron anywhere :-(.


Well, I'm still coughing and sniffling my way through my days (noice eh?). I might go take a quick power nap and see if that doesn't help things.

Thanks again Clare, and thanks everyone for stopping by!








(Blogged to: Bennie and the Jets - Elton John and I Like to Move It - Reel 2 Real).

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Fantastic card.
Rach:)

Leonie said...

Hope your feeling better, I love your Raggedy Ann, she is lovely, you always have the best punch art!

MadonnaDunn said...

Well Raggedy Ann has a very jaunty wave considering her eeehhm nekkid state! LOL. Great card and I agree that Clare's punch art is so cool! Also hope you're feeling better soon! xo

Liam said...

This is fantastic. Love it.

Liam

Unknown said...

Sam you really made me laugh over the conceived dates lol, but that aside, your card is great and so is your raggedy Ann

Unknown said...

glad you liked them sam-i loved the way you have adapted them especially the aprona dn the cool circle back ground

Debbie Pamment said...

Tooooo clever - and perfect for a 6 year old! You are sooo good with your punch art!
Hope the power nap helped!
xXx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Sam, hope your horrible cold is getting better. LOVE your Raggedy Ann card - it's just amazing!! Wow!!

AJ said...

So gorgeous! I love this, Sam.

KimB said...

Hi Sam,

your Raggedy Ann is gorgeous and so fun. And I can see your having fun with new stuff;) I so know what you mean by stripping all the clothes off - alway off never on! - go figure!!

Kim