Tuesday 5 June 2007

Embossing Brads

I found out last night that the way to emboss brads is NOT the way that I used yesterday, while embossing 18 brads :-(. I used Versamark to stick the white EP onto the brad...and apparently this will fall off in time (thanks for the heads up Veronica). So today I will have to emboss another 18 brads, by heating the head of the brad first, then just dipping this into the EP and reheating. Can't say I'm looking forward to doing this again...but you get that!

I will put the card up again after it has been delivered to the swapees!

6 comments:

Corie said...

Thanks for the hint.

Sam said...

No worries Corie, hope it helps. I just made my second set of 16 white brads using this technique. It was easier than using the VersaMark, and they look good!
Sam.

Jo said...

You can also add some glitter to your embossing powder to make them really sparkly!

Sam said...

Cool idea Jo, I will give it a go! Thanks.

~* Tracy *~ said...

I'm going to have to try embossing brads this way next time. I've only tried the Versamark way before. I also like Jo's glitter idea... Gotta love the bling!

Sam said...

I'd like to do more bling too! I hope that we eventually get the fire n, ice brads that they have recently got in the US. How groovy are they?
Sam.