Monday 13 October 2008

I WANT A CUPCAKE!!!

I went to bed thinking about cupcakes...and I woke up thinking about cupcakes...and in the absence of any real cupcakes, I made another cupcake card using Ashley's card as inspiration again!


I used the Ruby Red and So Saffron colours with the Choc Chip this time...because they were still hanging about after Kristina's challenge!

The So Saffron DSP is from the Palette O' Prints pack that was available as part of a Stampin' Up! promotion earlier this year. The cupcake is from the Big Bold Birthday set...currently available at 20% off the retail price. I crimped the patty pan to make it look like a real patty pan.

I made some tiny choc chip sprinkles on the cupcake icing using a template and the 1/16" circle punch, then I dabbed Crystal Effects on these. There is also Crystal Effects on the candle flame, although it's pretty hard to see in the photo.


The background cardstock has been stamped using the Happy, Happy Birthday Jumbo wheel. The Choc Chip ribbon is from the Flirty Ribbon Originals pack and the 'Birthdays are the BEST' sentiment is from the 'It's Your Birthday' stamp set.

The plate is made using Stampin' Up!'s two oval punches. I needed to put the cupcake on a plate because I stuck the patty pan too far up the card...so there was this blank space between the patty pan and the ribbon. A plate filled in the space nicely IMO ;-).

Have a lovely day!
Sam.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

soooo the choc sprinkles are little circles punched out,then CE on top? Looks really lovely Sam :) I love the way your cards have that little bit extra to them.

Karen said...

OMG I so need to eat that!!!!!!!!

Great card Sam - love those colours together!!

Karen
xo

Lydia Fiedler said...

Hi there!

Love your blog - just found it.

Do you know your images don't show up in Google Reader though?

In blogger you can go into settings, under "site feed" and choose "full" and that can fix it. I subscribe in a reader and wanna see your pics! :)

Design With Ink said...

LOVE this card. Loving these colors together and think this card is just fabulous! You are awesome! :) Thanks for sharing. I'm honored. Hehe. Great card!!