Thursday 6 December 2007

Time Well Spent

This beautiful stamp set, Time Well Spent, arrived in my mailbox yesterday. It was a special 'thank you' gift to all Stampin' Up! demonstrators from the very generous Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!, Shelli Gardner. Shelli, if you happen to be reading my blog, THANK YOU SO MUCH...I love this stamp set!

This card is, in my opinion, a little bit hippy and a little bit Christmas :-).



The colours are Old Olive and Real Red. The stamps on the background cardstock are stamped in Old Olive. The feature panel is on Glossy White cardstock. I have stamped the flowers from Time Well Spent in Versamark ink on the Glossy Cardstock, then brayered over it using the Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad. I wiped off the excess ink from the versamarked images afterwards, with a tissue. This is the first time I have used a brayer (and Spectrum Pad), and I only tried it after watching several video tutorials on Linda Heller's awesome site Stamping School.com. The small joining fee is well worth it :-).

The ribbon is Black Gingham, and the sentiment down the bottom has been stamped in Basic Black and highlighted with a white gel pen.

BTW - This set will be available from next April, as a Level 3 Hostess Set in our new Idea Book and Catalogue 2008|2009. So, if you want it too....start planning your workshop ;-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you think Shelli is reading your blog ... heheheh you think she has google reader and keeps up to date like the rest of us!? *grin*

Love the card - you're right it does look a little hippy and a little christmassy .... well done!! Must say I think I've changed my mind on it since seeing it in real life .. can't wait to have a chance to play!

~* Tracy *~ said...

gorgeous stamp set! I have to get mine stuck together and start playing instead of just drooling over them all!