Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sweet Slumber Calendar


The other day I found this great tutorial for a 12 x 12 calendar page on Tina's blog Travelingmama. Her beautiful work inspired me to make my own calendar page:


Ingredients used for this page (all from Stampin' Up! unless otheriwse noted, and Images © Stampin' Up!):

Cardstock: So Saffron plain and Baja Breeze textured
Ink: Whisper White Craft ink, Baja Breeze Classic ink and Tuxedo Black Momento ink by Tsukineko
Stamps: Calendar Alphabet and Numbers
Accessories: Sweet Slumber Specialty Designer Series Paper, On Board Timeless Type and On Board So Tweet, White embossing powder, heat tool, scallop edge and 1 3/8" square punches, sponge daubers, SNAIL adhesive and mini glue dots.

You might note that some of the numbers are a bit wonky....I was having a bit of a brain malfunction, and forgot that Stampin' Up!'s Calendar Alphabet and Numbers set actually comes with complete numbers right up to 31 (they were sitting right in front of me the entire time)...but I went and created all my numbers using the digits 1 - 9. You would think I would have cottoned on when I had to use the 'o' from the alphabet to make 10, 20 and 30 (because there is no zero...but I didn't! DOH!).

The groovy thing about this page is that once the month is over, you can print out a few favourite pics of the things you did, and punch them out and stick them into some of the days and then put the page in your scrap album.

Also, the other day I saw this lovely box on Debbie's blog and I was inspired to make my own box to go with a card I made some time ago:


I used the instructions by Laurie Schmidlin on Splitcoaststampers here, and you can see the original post for the little birdie card here.

The box, which measures 6 x 6 x 3 inches, is now filled with beautiful Paddington Chocolates, as part of a birthday gift. I won't show you those because you might throw cyber-tomatoes at me (too many naughty goodies popping up on here eh?).

Thanks so much for the inspiration Tina and Debbie!
Have a great day everyone.

5 comments:

Leonie said...

Wow! I saw Tina's post too and was considering giving it a go, but might wait till later in the year...I seem to have so much on latley! I love your calendar and your gorg little box, how cute!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a fabulous idea - the calendar I mean!! You could have sooo much fun with that - may have to give it a go too!! Of course I LOVE your box too - just wish MINE was full of wonderful chockies too - LOL.
I'm soo excited I managed to be your inspiration for a change, it's usually the other way round!!
xXx

kareN stampZ said...

love the calendar I've just cut into my stash of Slumber DSP & I love it. I'm supposed to be making something for a gift basket & you've semi inspired me

Kate Lewis said...

Love love the calendar Sam - what a great idea! Adore the birdie card and matching box too, fab colour combo! Kate x

Unknown said...

Can you do no wrong???? Oh Sam these are just beautiful....Love the box!!! Xx