Thursday 20 November 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge

Check out this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, Gone With the Wind:


I nearly didn't get a card made today with my head pounding, but in between naps and fortified with cold meds, this is what I came up with:


It is inspired by the outfit that Rhett wore to the BBQ at Twelve Oaks:


I didn't have any black and white checked paper that I could use for the cravat, so I used some of my origami paper instead. Again, very, very hard to crush it up like that :-).

Thanks for visiting,
Sam.

12 comments:

Kristie said...

Very clever! I like it alot. And I'm glad that you finally got to see the movie ♥

Oma said...

Excellent choice. GWTW is one of my all time favourite movies.

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

That is perfect. Nice twist using the origami paper. Hope the cold meds are working so you can get some rest. Be well, Amy.

Ann said...

Very cool! :D

Anthonette said...

I hope you are feeling better, Sam!

The Rhett card is GORGEOUS! Love it. The origami paper looks fabulous.

Isn't it amazing that the girls had to take a nap during the BBQ. They needed their rest?

Becky said...

How clever!!! I love it!

Deanna said...

Wow, this is awesome!

Jules said...

awww! I just love that movie *sigh*
Your card is fabulous! So very clever there girl!

I accidentaly delted my old blog ((Pixie Shire) can you belive it?)
So now I am at www.PixieToo.blogspot.com

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Oliva Ohlson said...

WOW! I am so impressed! It's so Rhett Butler!

Liam said...

OH I love this card. it is very clever indeed. Gorgeous work as usual thank you for sharing your talent.

regards

liam

Catherine said...

oh this is just too cute.

Sankari W. said...

Seriously beautiful Samantha - love the crisp clean lines...Frankly my dear, this is absolutely beautiful. We loved it so much that we had to give you the Audrey for this challenge!!! Congrats!
Thanks so much for playing in our weekly challenges!!
Best wishes always,
Sankari :)