Saturday 24 November 2007

Christmas Criss Cross Card

I have a Stampin' Up! workshop coming up where the hostess has asked for a Christmas-themed Criss Cross card as one of the make n' takes. This is going to be it! Beate's excellent (as always) tutorial for the Criss Cross card is on Splitcoaststampers here.



The colours are Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme and Confetti Cream. I've used some Holiday Thyme paper...of course! I love it, and have accumulated a little stash. The ribbon is Cream Grosgrain and Copper Cord. The brads are copper, from the Vintage set....I never seem to use the copper ones, so I will be glad to put them to good use here.

The large snow flake embellishment is from Yule Bits & Borders, and is stamped in Cranberry Crisp on Confetti Cream and punched out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. This piece is mounted on a 1 3/8" circle of True Thyme and the whole lot is mounted on dimensionals over the top of some Copper Cord tied in bows.

The tab on the inner card is a Round Tab punched piece of Cranberry Crisp. The snow flake is from Snow Flurries (get it before the Spring Mini catalogue finishes in LESS THAN A WEEK....Eeeeeeeek!!). 'Season's Greetings' is stamped in Cranberry Crisp, and is from the Many Merry Messages set...a very useful set, if I may say so myself!

And another one....basically the same stuff. I've used Burgundy Grosgrain and Gold Cord on this one. I tried the stitched Cranberry Crisp ribbon, but it didn't work for me.



I guess it is worth mentioning that the two pieces of Holiday Thyme double-sided Designer Series paper are not from the same sheet. I have just used my two favourite patterns...because I can!

Have a great weekend,
Sam.

1 comment:

~* Tracy *~ said...

These criss cross cards are just gorgeous Sam! I love making them too :)