Monday 15 October 2012

Christmas Bauble


I worked on a Christmas card over the weekend. I had a few comments here at home which confirmed my belief that it wasn't one of my finer achievements, but you get that! I took note, made an adjustment or two, and voila...
I love the colour combo, and enjoyed quietly tinkering with some of my new toys!

While I'm here, I thought I'd also point out that I have again used the gorgeous Annabelle Stamps: Cuts By Design - Borders 1 die to emboss rather than using it to create a die cut. I really love the intricate embossed pattern that it creates, but will endeavour to use it as a die next time I get it out :-)!

Project Recipe:

Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Cherry Cobbler and Brushed Gold (SU);
Ink: Elegant Eggplant and Cherry Cobbler Classic Inks (SU);
Stamps: Decorated Christmas (Annabelle Stamps) and BBD - 6 (Annabelle Stamps);
Dies: Cuts By Design - Decorated Christmas (Annabelle Stamps) and Cuts By Design - Borders 1 (Annabelle Stamps);
Accessories: Purple Hemp Twine (Annabelle Stamps), Gold Leaf Pen (misc), Washi Tapes - various (Washimatta), Gold Cord (SU) and Gold Wire (SU).


Blogged to: Around the World - Daft Punk, Beautiful Day - U2, In The Night - Pet Shop Boys and Walk This Way - Aerosmith and Run-DMC.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

This is one striking and stunning Christmas card, Sam! I LOVE your colour combo and the way you used the border die!
AWESOME work, LOVE it!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Peanut said...

LOVE it!!! Just ooozing with ostentatious opulence! Me like...very very much!!! My kind of Christmas! The embossed bits just add to the splendour! Will you be enclosing a little chocolate inside? ;-)

Deb McCleary said...

Sam that is spectacular! I love the colour combo, and the detail that you put in. It is brilliant!
Cheers!
Deb.

Karen said...

Well I love it! Bewdiful design and colour choice is lovely too! I say GO U Sam!:)

Luv K
X

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Simply stunning! The colours are so eye-catching. Hugs xxx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Gorgeous card Sam! LOVE the colour combo and love how you used the washi tape - WOW!

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn X