Sunday 5 August 2012

A little dragonfly to try again...



I found some pictures of a card that I made just prior to our big move. I hadn't posted them before because the pics were pretty dodgy (and still are ;-). They were taken indoors on a rainy day and no amount of photoshopping has helped. Plus, made in a hurry, my card left a lot to be desired. I love the little dragonfly, and would really like to revisit this design once I get my hands back on my craftin' goodies. Having it here will remind and encourage me to do just that...well, that's the theory at any rate.

The dragonfly punch art is not my design. I first saw it here, but you can see it on Cristena's blog here. Cristena mentions that she got the instructions from Kim Score. Thank you for the fabulous idea ladies, I love him!

I was going to type up a recipe, but I can't remember any of what I used, and don't have an SU catty on hand to improvise. DOH!

The rub on is one of my old Kairsercraft ones, and I think you can see that I have had to scrub at the rub on until the textured cardstock has pretty much lost its texture! I recently saw some Kaisercraft rub ons that said they were a new design or some such thing. I can't wait to give them a try and see if they come off the sheet a bit easier. I like their designs....so I'd be very happy if they really did work better!

We are off to the house to think about where the furniture will be going, it is being delivered tomorrow....HOORAY! Have a lovely day...



Blogged to: Horror Movie - Skyhooks, She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals, No Lies - Noiseworks and You Keep Me Hanging On - Kim Wilde.

6 comments:

Patrice said...

So great to see a post from you. Your little dragonfly is super cute!

Good luck with the new house! Look forward to some piccies.

x

Sandy said...

Cool card love the wings. Hope you had the hot chocolate and croissants. Good luck with the furniture. Sandy :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a funky design, Sam! Super cool! Hugs xxx

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

What a coooool caterpillar Sam - he's gorgeous! Love the vellum wings too.

Hope your furniture arrives all OK - such a long way for it all to travel. Must be so much warmer there than in Canberra - what a contrast in temps! Ahhh: to feel the warmth of the sun on my face would be soooo nice - I am OVER winter!!

{{hugs}}
Jocelyn X

TLady said...

WHAT A CUTE DRAGONFLY Sam! :) AND I looked back through your blog...LOVE the photos! WHAT A GORGEOUS PLACE! :) Glad to hear you're doing better! :)

Kristin K. said...

Hi. I just found your blog through a forum link over at scs.com talking about unfollowing blogs. Because of this link I came across your blog and love your work. I am now a follower. I hope you will stoop by my brand new blog at www.kristinscraftcorner.blogspot.com and check it out. I only have 3 or 4 posts because I just set it up.

have a great day!