Sunday 14 November 2010

Thanks and Congrats


First of all I want to say a big heartfelt thank you to everyone who left a lovely comment on my last post! You guys sure know how to make someone feel special. Thumper sends thanks and a big high five too...OUCH! ;-)

Some friends of ours also recently announced their pregnancy, and hubby actually asked me to make them a congrats card! He does that a bit my hubby...asks me to make a card for this or that occasion/person. I am interested to know if other people's husbands do the same?!

I got cracking after dinner last night (I only found out about the pregnancy on Thursday...so I wasn't being too slack ;-). Hubby then rocks up to my desk at about 8 pm last night and says 'I'm seeing them tomorrow, will it be ready in time' (as he looks at my pile of cardstock, stamps and accessories that I have put together on my desk, but otherwise not touched). Says me...lying propped up on the bed (waiting for the soothing effects of the Gaviscon to kick in)...'sure, its almost done'. He looks at the pile of stuff, which includes several FULL A4 sheets of cardstock, and says...gee, its gonna be a big card...and looks at me pointedly. I laugh.....now I'm being told how and when to make cards by him, am I??????

Anyway, I got the message...and went to work. Luckily I had been thinking about what I was going to do for most of the day, so it was relatively quick and painless to put it all together.



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Concord Crush, Baja Breeze and Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Concord Crush Classic Ink (SU)
Stamps: Springtime Stems (retired SU) and Warmest Regards (retired SU)
Accessories: Baja Breeze Patterns DSP (retired SU), Beautiful Blooms II Die Collection (PTI), Vintage Cream Pure Wool Felt (PTI), Violet Pure Wool Felt (Felt on the Fly), Ocean Tides Buttons (PTI), Concord Crush Poly Ribbon (SU), Dimensionals (SU), Tombow Mono Adhesive (Penwa) and Mini Glue Dots (SU).

The beautiful violet coloured pure wool felt is from Felt on the Fly, which is an Etsy shop that I was introduced to by the lovely Sharon Dines of Lemon Delicious. Thanks again Sharon for 'enabling me'. I've shopped at Felt on the Fly twice now, and will certainly go back. Janet stocks such lovely colours and her service is awesome!

Okey dokey...its raining here again, so unfortunately I can't do any washing (boo hoo)...might go and see what Miss tinker is up to. There is singing involved, so it can't be TOO suspicious can it? :-)








(Blogged to: And We Danced - The Hooters and Computer Games - Mi-Sex).

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Aaaaaaw this is sooo special -I'm sure they will LOVE it - sorry I missed your Thumper announcement post - but made up with it leaving you some love there today!
Take care mum-to-be-again - LOL
xXx

Paula Dobson said...

Ah, Sam, this is great! Your hubby sounds just like MY hubby!! Can you make........I need it, like, yesterday! But then, they do have wonderfully talented wives - after all!!

Thumper is beautiful, btw. Congratulations once again!

Leonie said...

Ohhh, very pretty!

Diane Barnes said...

Nothing like a little pressure from the hubby Sam! Damo does that too. Such a fun happy card (& the felt looks great - got to get some!) Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs, Di

Patrice said...

Very pretty - love the felt!