Saturday 2 October 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge # 37


The new Just Add Ink challenge this week is a colour challenge, and I must say I really love these beautiful colours together:


This is the card I have made for this challenge:



List of Ingredients:

Cardstock: Always Artichoke (Textured), Whisper White, Old Olive, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (PTI)
Ink: Old Olive Classic Ink (SU)
Accessories: Theatre Ribbon Originals - Retired (SU), Crimper, Hidden Garden Rub-Ons - Retired (SU), Orange Zest and Raspberry Fizz Vintage Buttons (PTI), Crystal Effects (SU),  Mounting Foam (Kaisercraft), Mini Glue Dots (SU), Sticky Strip (SU) and SNAIL Adhesive (SU).


I picked up the Mounting Foam dots from Eckersley's yesterday. They are almost twice as thick as dimensionals...I'm in foam heaven (except for cost: roughly the same price as dimensionals...less in the packet though). I've also applied crystal effects to all the leaves on the flower stems. Unfortunately the ink has kind of run into the CE...I probably should have clear embossed it instead.

Well, it's just after 11 am...and I am still in my PJs (SLACKER), and have just finished watching The Last Song. Since I was sobbing uncontrollably for the last quarter of the movie (I know, I know... insert rolling eyes smiley here) I am now running out of tissues! I've also run out of Panadol...so I'm off to get changed now and rectify this perilous situation.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend,









(Blogged to: The Last Song - Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth and Greg Kinnear).

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam, this is gorgeous, I love it, you should enter it into the pals paper arts challenge this week too, just add buttons, its perfect.:)

Jo said...

Great card with those colours. I'm glad it's not my turn this week :)

Karen said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOMEONE got their new PTI goodies in the post! lol

Sam this is just beautiful!! I love that colour combo, but I'm too much of a scardy cat to give it a go! lol

Glad your starting to feel better cause I just LOVE seeing your stuff!

Luv K
x

kareN stampZ said...

Hi Sam this is seriously cute - love all the bright colours

Karen xox

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE this - sooo bright and cheery - perfect after eye candy after doing some Spring planting!
xXx

Tennille said...

Ooh, I love this! So cute!

Sue B said...

How very cute I love the button flowers

Monique said...

Love the use of buttons on this card.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

GORGEOUS card Sam! I really love that colour combo too. Oo, I would love to get my hot little hands on that PTI set!

MadonnaDunn said...

So cheery Sam!! A lovely contrast to the gray I'd say!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

susy said...

Love it Sam. I'm having a SU party in November and pumpkin pie is on my (long) list. I watched the last song a few days ago too while the boys were paintballing for their footy trip, howled like a baby. No way I could enjoy a good chick flick with the boys around. Thanks for the blog comment. The tree is one of Kerri bradfords designs cut will my silhouette. Her files can be cut by most diecut machines including the cricut or can just be printed and cut by hand. If you don't have a machine let me know and I'll cut you a few,email me. Are your kids still on holidays?
Cheers
Sue

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, Sam - what a cool card! You don't make those colours look scary at all! :-)

KimB said...

Hi Sam,
you make the combo look easy! Great job on the crimping - I always struggle to keep it straight. Love your bright cheery button flowers - perfect antidote for the rainy day up here. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Kim

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a bright, groovy, funky card! Love it.

H2 :) said...

What a cute little ray of sunshine! TFS :)

Liam said...

This is such a beautful card. I love the buttons as flowers. In your PJ'S by 11 what never!!! I can't get away with that. I guess some people are lucky like that. I would love to still be in my pjs by 11 and still in bed. That would be the life.

Liam

Danielle Daws said...

Such a gorgeous, funky card! you make these colours look like they were made to be together!

SharonD said...

Hey Sam

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see you are getting back into the action too. With some PTI goodness no less! Loving the felt flowers and the buttons in the next post. Regarding felt (WARNING! enabling alert!!) - have you found Felt on the Fly on Etsy. She sells sheets of 100% wool felt and I managed to convince her to do some colour matching of her felt to SU colours - you can see that on her blog. She has said she has done the same for PTI colours too.

Cheers
Sharon

Christine Blain said...

This is a super-cute card, Sam!

Anonymous said...

WOW gorgeous card. Love how you used the colours, Love your button flowers. thanks for playing with JAI this week

Jodene said...

This is one gorgeous card Sam! I just LOVE it! And I love that set too ;)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

GORGEOUS color combo and cheery card. Love your stuff.
New follower.
http://dianeoliver.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is extremely cute, those buttons are beautiful, better track some of those for myself. Great job with the colour combo.
Michelle