Tuesday 24 August 2010

Jo's Christmas Inspiration


Last night I was invited to join some friends to do some craft and have a chat. I was so excited to be going out and doing something creative again...but what to do???? Then I remembered a beautiful Christmas card that I had seen on Jo Eades' lovely blog just this weekend (you can see it here) and it inspired me to make these Christmas cards:



List of Ingredients:


Stamps: Christmas Classics (Stampin' Up!) and Merry and Bright (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Kraft and Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Accessories: Crimper, Spots and Dots Cuttlebug Folder, Red Grosgrain ribbon, Gold DMC Thread, Gold Kindy Glitz, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Sticky Strip and SNAIL adhesive.

I had a devil of a job photographing these just now....with the wind blowing them all over the garden and dinging up their corners...fun times! But I am pleased with how they turned out, and love, love, love the colour combo! I don't know that you can tell from the photos, but the Christmas trees are raised up on dimensionals....my crafting hiatus having done nothing to diminish my dimensional fetish ;-).

While I am here, I also wanted to show you two beautiful cards made by Miss 6....who is obviously developing something of a knack for punch art:

...as you can see, one flower is crying, one is sleeping and the other is smiling...and the little critter is a bee, of course! All are raised up on dimensionals (like mother, like daughter ;-).

...a poodle...isn't he gorgeous?! I don't know where this one came from. We don't own a poodle, nor do we know anyone who has one.

Thanks so much for dropping by.





(Blogged to: The Final Countdown - Europe and Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses).

4 comments:

KimB said...

Hi Sam,

nice to see you blogging again :) thought your Xmas cards turned out great, especially with all the dimensionalism ;) Thought Miss 6's card were fantastic - the different flowers are fabuous!
Kim

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

LOVE your Christmas cards Sam! Great dimension on the trees. Really love that colour combo - gorgeous!

And Miss 6 certainly has some talent. Love how the flowers all have different faces and the bee is so cute - and love how they are all up on dimensionals. And how cool is that poodle! Such a clever use of the ovals and circles.

Karen said...

Hey chicki - I have 2 poodles and that card is super darn cute!! lol

K
x

Leonie said...

Funny that you were blogging to sweet child o mine while posting your little ones fabulous creations! Looks like the apple doesnt fall far from the tree!