Wednesday 24 February 2010

Meet Mad Monkey Monster...


...could be the catch line for a singles ad...no?

I was up late last night, and was still feeling inspired by this week's Just add Ink challenge #5 - to Just Add Dimension. So I was going back through my Google Reader 3D Ideas file for, well....ideas (while watching Grey's...that diaper bit was so funny...wouldn't you just get a bigger pair of scrubs so it wasn't so obvious?!). Anyhoo...I found this post by the lovely Carol Dunstan, and was hooked....thanks for the inspiration Carol!

During Brothers and Sisters (which I never usually watch...so had no idea what was going on anyway) I sketched up my project, and then during the Winter Olympics I got to work cutting it out. I decorated through Charlie's Angels and assembled right into some other movie which featured BAILEY SALINGER (well, Scott Wolf IRL)....remember him? Party of Five! I loved that show. Now that makes it sound like it was a HUGE project...but you have to know my work flow was rather intermittent.

...I digress, and if I haven't lost you yet...I surely am about to...so without further ado, please meet Mad Monkey Monster:



Plus some mandatory Mad Monkey Monster anatomy shots (how very Grey's of me ;-):




List of Ingredients:

Cardstock:
Yoyo Yellow (plain and textured), Real Red, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turqouise, Basic Black (textured) and Glossy White (even a mad monkey monster has to look after his teeth);


Ink: Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink;


Stamps: Going Buggy - retired (see, right there is about 3/4 hour spent just looking for this darn set);


Accessories: Wide Oval punch, Large Oval punch, 1 1/4 inch Circle punch, 3/4 inch Circle punch, 1/2 inch Circle punch, 1/4 inch Circle punch, Scallop Square punch, Paper Piecing punch - retired, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, Basic Grey Magnetic snaps (which I had to adhere using Crystal Effects otherwise they kept popping off), DIMENSIONALS (but only SIX....not nearly enough!), Crop-a-Dile, Eyelets (for a super heavy duty handle, to handle more loot bag booty), SNAIL adhesive and Mini Glue Dots.


Mad Monkey Monster measures 7 inches tall, 4 inches wide and 3 inches deep, and in case you haven't realised yet, he is a party favour bag. Well, this is my interpretation of his prime function in life. If you want to use him as your toiletries bag, of course, go right ahead, but don't you be calling me when they lock you up ;-).

As you can see, I'm lacking sleep.....so I'm going to go before I say something really, really silly!

Don't let the monkey's get you down :-).

 
(Blogged to: Thriller - Michael Jackson).

14 comments:

Karen said...

oh man..........this is so freakin cute! lol

You did an awesome job of this Sam......definately put a smile on my dial! lol

Have a super duper day!

Luv Karen
x

Debbie Pamment said...

WOWser Sam - this is fabulous - and a "thriller" of a character!!! What little guy wouldn't LOVE this version of a backpack!! Awesome job!
And BTW - you are soooo right about the bigger scrubs - it's not as if Kristina is the largest size anyway!!! But I still LOVE my Grey's!
xXx

Sankari W. said...

OH this is awesome!!! I totally have a huge smile on my face to when I saw this - had to comment to tell you that this is AWESOME!!! LOVE all of your Grey's anatomy shots!!! lol! You totally rocked this!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Sarah Klass said...

He's a bit cool!

Hey, I have a question with regard to the music reference you put at the bottom of your posts....

Does your blog post take only the one play through of the song that you mention or do you have it on repeat?! If it's only one, you're seriously speedy. If I was going to blog to music, I'd have to have the full version of American Pie back to back for several repetitions I reckon...!

S x

Rachel said...

WOW, Amazing work Sam.
Rach:)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is such an awesome party favour bag, one that wouldn't make the trash bin when it got home because it has way too much personality!

Jodene said...

Omgosh, that is so adorable Sam!

Shirley McAvoy said...

So cute and yet oh so goofy. Great job

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

This is great Sam! Like Shirley said, goofy but just sooo adorable.

Danielle Daws said...

I think I love everything on your blog... lol. This is sooo cute! I love those magnets too - aren't they great for boxes?! Thanks for playing!

Paula Dobson said...

Man, you are the bomb Sam! This little bag is so darn cute and fun!!

Unknown said...

Sam... This is so stinkn' CUTE!!! I had to show my youngest son and he has given it two thumbs up!! You have some mad skills Hun!! Xx

Carol Dunstan said...

~sigh~ I had a nice long comment but I closed the darnedpage before te word verification thing came up (I hate how bloger has that se!). So yes, I love him : And my girls use theirs still for keepsake things

Kim said...

Congratulations! Your monster monkey has been selected for the Punch Art Finds of the Day!

http://www.paperpunchaddiction.com/2010/06/punch-art-finds-of-day.html

Kim