Tuesday 23 February 2010

Bella Rose Blooms...


Challenge #5 over at the beautiful Just add Ink blog is to 'Just Add Dimension'. So today, I got busy and did just that. I might add that I added dimension WITHOUT using dimensionals...which, given the nature of the challenge, and my quite well known penchant for those adorable little bits of foam, is something of a miracle...


...I should also mention at this point that I used Dawn Olchefske's Accordion Flower Rosette Tutorial to make my Bella Rose blooms. In addition to dimensionals, I also have a penchant for Dawn's blog. You rock Dawn, thank you!

 

 

List of ingredients:

Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Bella Rose DSP, Boho Blossoms punch, 1 1/4 inch circle punch, large oval punch, 1 1/4 inch Pink Pirouette Grosgrain ribbon, Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons, Pop-up glue dots, Mini glue dots, sticky strip and SNAIL adhesive.


My Bella Rose blooms are looking very pretty on my table at the moment. I guess you could even spritz them lightly with some perfume and make them sweet smelling blooms to boot. I have stuck two blooms back to back, so they are double-sided flowers...and you can't see any nasty gluey mess on the back this way either ;-).

Must go...the lunch dishes are calling.

 
(Blogged to: All Summer Long - Kid Rock).

15 comments:

Karen said...

Oooooooooooo me likey alot!!!! How gorgeous are these?

Now, please tell me that vase is full of beautiful little mints............maybe I need to go and have some lunch! lol

Luv K
x

Paula Dobson said...

Too cute Sam!! Love them.

Shirley McAvoy said...

Flowers and Bella Rose DSP my favourite combo of all time. You've done a great job.

KimB said...

Hi Sam,

looks like you had fun - they look lovely. I especially like the cordurory buttons in the middle.

Kim

Liam said...

Wow they are stunning.

Liam

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and perfect Sam! I am amazed you didnt use dimensionals ...I seem to eat them for breakfast too..good they come in a pack of 300 aye?

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These are just stunning. Wow! This is a truly gorgeous entry for the challenge. I go through Dimensionals so ... fast too and am stunned if I make something without them! Are there really 300 in a packet? Scary thought!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow - these are fantastic Sam! Love the colours. I don't think I can do any sort of papercraft WITHOUT dimensionals!! They are my best friend (apart from glitter of course!). I'm heading off to Dawn's tutorial to see how they are done. Thanks for the link!
Hope you enjoyed NCIS tonight - I won't spoil it in case you didn't & you've recorded it - but it was really nice to see another side of Gibbs :-)

Unknown said...

WOW Sam...They are absolutely gorgeous and the DP and colours you chose are perfect!... I suck at making things like that!! Beautiful work! Xx

Christine Blain said...

Beautifully finished; these are just gorgeous, Sam. Love your use of corduroy buttons and punches for the flower centres, and the double-sided-ness (just made that word up, haha) makes the flowers look great from any angle. Perfect challenge entry. And congratulations on stepping away from the dimensionals (that takes courage!).

susy said...

Sam these are soo cute, i am going to have to give these a go, gorgeous.

Kylie said...

Oh WOW SAM, your blooms are STUNNING, Gorgeous, Awesome, Beautiful all rolled into one!
I love all your punch art creation too Sam, you so ROCK!

Enjoy the rest of your week!
Take Care,
Kylie X

Danielle Daws said...

Mmmm, Dimensionals are a little packet of hexagon-y loveliness...

Love, love, LOVE these flowers! Thanks for the link, I'm heading there now. Beautifully photographed too!

Liam said...

Congrats on your win. Even though I knew those beautiful flowers would be a winner. You always come up with clever ideas and turn them into an artwork. thanks for sharing.

Liam

Anthonette said...

Oh my word...those flowers are gorgeous!!! I've never made these type of flowers; I keep forgetting to try. Thanks for the inspiration, Sam.