Tuesday 24 November 2009

Crazy Shakespearean Cinema Couture...



I thought I'd play along with this week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge because the movie was one that lent itself to bling, and I just felt like some bling! I felt like lots of bling in fact ;-).



I decided to use this image (from the Costumer's Guide website) as my inspiration:



I called this blog post 'Crazy...' because when I'd finished playing with all my bling I thought...now what on earth will I do with this card?

Truth be told, it'll probably be carefully dismantled (all bling salvaged), and this will just have been a playful bling-art experience...but as I was taking the photo I thought that you could probably give the card as a Christening card for a baby girl. Maybe?!?

Anyway...here it is:





List of Ingredients (all from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Cardstock: Soft Sky Carousel Notes (retired), Whisper White and Brushed Silver
Ink: Soft Sky Classic Ink
Stamps: Linen Background Stamp
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 inch Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Crop-a-dile, Pretties Kit, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Silver Ribbon (miscellaneous), Sticky Strip, Mini Glue Dots and SNAIL adhesive.


I made the three silver ribbon flowers (in the foreground of the first image) because I was originally going to make a different style of card...but I gave up on those (waaaay too fiddly).

Ok......gonna go do something about lunch now.
Have a wonderful day!

Sam.

PS. Thank you to Karen Giron for my new Christmas-themed watermark. It is so cute!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Geese Louise is there anything you can't do beautifully! roflol

You have rocked that challenge for this week Sam - absolutely unreal what you've done! I would have looked at that and said.............nup way to hard! lol

Karen
x

Diane Barnes said...

Well bling it on then! ;0)
What a creative marvel you are Sam. This is beautifully done. Maybe it could be put on a teddy as a baby gift?... or maybe I'm crazy too.
Hugs, Di
PS: Missed you on Saturday :0(

Leonie said...

You are soooo clever!

scrapperjulia said...

This is so gorgeous, Sam! Very creative!

Karli said...

just beautiful- love the ruffle :)