Sunday 25 January 2009

There's no place like home...

...or if you are Judy Garland's foot, there's no place like the inside of a ruby red, sparkly shoe.

In case you have no idea what I am talking about...four words...Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, where this week's challenge movie is: The Wizard of Oz....of course...because, because, because, because, because...


This week the girls also added the challenge of making a metallic component a part of our projects.

This is my contribution...I think I will try and make something a little more 'serious' later this week...but in the meantime, I thought this would be cute:


Ingredients (all from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Cardstock: Real Red
Accessories: SNAIL, two-way glue pen, romantic red glitter, glue dots, dimensionals, small cello bags, turquoise grosgrain ribbon (retired) and Pascal's Columbines.

I figured that Romantic Red glitter would pass for a metallic component! I think this would make a nice party favour for a Wizard of Oz-themed party. I went out looking for blue lollies, because I wanted them to represent the blue of Dorothy's socks.

You can download the template for this shoe from this website.

I'll be back later this week, when I've figured out what I'll really do...

Sam.

15 comments:

Zarna said...

Beautiful!!!
I just want to put it on and skip down a yellow brick road!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous idea for the challenge Sam - I think it's a lot of fun!

Jaimee said...

that is so clever would look lovely as a table centre piece!!

Carol Dunstan said...

that is awesome - I've seen the template around but didn't even think of it for this! So, how much glitter is spread through your house now? :D

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Brilliant Sam!!!! Could you make me some too!!!! hahaha.

Sarah
xx

Cheryl said...

WOW!!! What a cute little shoe,I LOVE IT!!! The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite movies.....LOL....

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

That is stunning! Have a little glitter on the craft room floor right now? :)

Corie said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!

Cindy said...

I Love It!

Brooke S said...

Perfect!!! I love your ruby slippers You capture the challenge perfectly.... LOVE IT!!!! Man! you never disappoint.. Your fab!!

Hugs
Brooke

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is beyond adorable! I love that you added the blue candy for her socks! Adorable! I Love it! My 5 year old thought it was pretty great, too! TFS

Jules said...

OMG! This is so cute!!!

Kristie said...

Mmmmm just gorgeous! I don't know if I'm more taken with the shoe or the lollies....YUM columbines!

Ann said...

Could this be any cuter?! Too much fun! I love it!

Kim Marie said...

This ruby slipper is to die for! How beautiful! Did it take en entire jar of glitter?! :)
Kim Marie