Wednesday 16 April 2008

My Convention 2008 Swap card...

...ok, as promised, here is the recipe for my swap card. As it turns out, I had help from some Stampin' Friends up in Brissy and we got the remaining 18 cards made on Friday night...THANK YOU DIANE AND JANINE. You guys are the BEST!

I did have to fire them both a few times, for various appalling card-making infractions (e.g. a dimensional with its cover still on...and one, where the recipe was upside down!!!...well that was almost the last straw ;-), but in the end they put up with me (everyone should have friends like them) and we got the cards put together in about an hour!



The cardstock colours are Elegant Eggplant, Real Red and Whisper White. The background cardstock has Faux Stitching around the edge. The Real Red layer is mounted up on Dimensionals and has been crimped.

I stamped the flower petals from Pick A Petal on Whisper White cardstock using Ballet Blue, Summer Sun, Real Red and Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink. Each petal has been stamped off once, and I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to align them. I then did the Two-Step Stamping, using the loopy overlay stamp in Elegant Eggplant and the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Each flower therefore involved 15 stamps! I then cut it out using the paper snips and mounted it up on Dimensionals, on another piece of Whisper White cardstock.

I traced the flower using the paper piercer (these holes are just eyeballed in). The 'Thank You' sentiment is from Cheery Chat and is in Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink. I ran the Two-Way Glue pen over each petal and then sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. Last, but not least I affixed a Green Galore (or Real Red) Button from the Bold Brights Buttons selection, to the flower centre using a Mini Glue Dot.

3 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Sam
Love love love your swap & a huge thanks for helping make convention such a great experience. Even being fired by you was fun! lol - Di :)

Tracy said...

Oh dear - another stamp set to add to my collection. Didn't like the example in the idea book but since seeing your example, I have changed my mind. It is such a lovely brightly coloured card. Loooove the colour combination that you have used. Well done!

Carol Dunstan said...

this is a great card, I loved receiving it as a swap! And no, the abundance of purple had nothing to do with it - simply strong colours but not over the top :-D