Tuesday 26 February 2008

Wild About You and Wild About Eggplant...



At a recent workshop the hostess chose Children's Birthday as the theme for the Make n' Take card. The cards shown above were two of the possibilities with the kits I made up.

The colours are: Elegant Eggplant (my current favourite colour), Real Red, Summer Sun and Whisper White. I've used this same colour combo before, and just love how vibrant it looks.

One of the cards uses the Linen Background stamp and the other uses the Crosshatch Background stamp...which is retiring :-(. I've used Dimensionals all over...as usual! There is Gel Pen faux stitching on one, and plain old dots on the other. I've done some sponging on some edges, but its a hard to see in these shots.

The lion is from Wild About You...of course. I've coloured one using markers in Summer Sun and Real Red, and the other has been stamped separately in those same colours and cut out and layered. The large Happy Birthday sentiment is from Cheery Chat, and the small one is from the SAB set Birthday Whimsy. The number 7 is from Headline Numbers...which is retiring and has sold out already! The ribbon is beautiful Red Gingham.

3 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Love love love these Sam. The layouts are both great and the colours look fab together. I feel a case coming on for 2 kids birthday cards I have to make for this weekend!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! That color combination is incredible! Very unique and just fabulous! GREAT cards!!!!

Corie said...

This is just so FANTASTIC -- I absolutely LOVE those colors together!!