Tuesday 16 October 2007

Camouflage Lion ;-)



I had to wait to post this fun card.....I wanted the recipient to receive it before it went online. I hope you like it....:-).

The colours are Elegant Eggplant, Real Red, Summer Sun and Whisper White. I was tidying my cardstock scraps into individual clear sleeves on the weekend, and those four ended up next to each other...at which point I thought...hey, that looks...bright! So I wacked them together this morning. I had the Lion floating around in the odd-bits pile, so I went with the flowered lion on Elegant Eggplant...as you do!!!! The base layer has been Faux Stitched around the edge. I love Faux Stitching ALMOST as much as I love ribbon and flowers. The Real Red layer has some Gel Pen Doodle dots on all around it. There is some background stamping in Summer Sun on the Summer Sun layer. The edges of the smaller Elegant Eggplant layer have been sponged with Elegant Eggplant and has Doodled Flowers around the edges. The next layer is Real Red and finally the 'Kissed' Lion has been stamped on Whisper White (possibly in Vintage Violet ink......but I don't think that's such a big deal.
The ribbon is Red Grosgrain and the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from the Eat Cake set. It made me feel cheery making it.

Ciao,
Sam.

PS. Looking back at the image...the yellow is possibly Marigold Morning!! I might have to label those scrap bags eh? DOH!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

it's really cool reading about the card and looking over and seeing the real thing! Thanks again - it's soooo cute!

Veronica